Gun Wisdom

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy

Reaction score
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a .45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

But wait, there's more! I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, Of course it's loaded, it won't work without bullets!' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of some one evil coming into your house?' My reply was, 'No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too.' To which I'll add,
having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

If you spray WD-40 on a gun and put in a case in your attic for a few years, it will be covered in rust when you take it out.

I recall only a couple of rules of combat:
1. Friendly fire isn;t

2. If the target is in range, so are you

ga. prime":1ex1gcz3 said:
If you spray WD-40 on a gun and put in a case in your attic for a few years, it will be covered in rust when you take it out.

NO DOUBT. I LEARNED THIS THE HARD WAY.

Always handle a gun as if it's loaded.

Never use a gun as a threat or just to scare someone.

Always keep your gun clean and well maintained.

Check scope or sights before hunting season.
By not checking it's like putting your boat in the water and forgetting the drain plug. When you realize it,it's already too late.
But of coarse i'll bet ya'll have never done this have you? :lol2: :lol2:

Cal

Calman":3copsoyy said:
By not checking it's like putting your boat in the water and forgetting the drain plug. When you realize it,it's already too late.
But of coarse i'll bet ya'll have never done this have you? :lol2: :lol2:

Cal

welllllll....actually I did...thought the old bass rig felt like it had a lot of drag and didn't want to plane out. Turned on the bilge pump and headed back to the dock hoping nobody was looking.

A knife is used to get to a pistol, a pistol is used to get to a rifle, and a rifle is used to get to something belt-fed.

Glocks go bang EVERYTIME :!:

Triggers are like underware...they shouldnt creep.

And my sig. line.

Psalms 144: Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war;
My safe guard and my fortress, my stronghold, my deliverer, My shield, in whom I trust, who subdues peoples under me.

"Perfection is the enemy of good enough." (Mikhail Kalashnikov)

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." (Sigmund Freud)

*More people are killed accidently with unloaded guns than loaded ones.*

I keep all mine loaded that way there is no doubt when I grab one whether or not it will go bang bang bang bang bang bang. Reload. :D There are more bangs if I grab one of the semis. :lol:

Told my Gunsmith a couple years ago I had found a new varmint rifle I thought I might buy, he answered; Why? you don't really need another varmint rifle. :shock:

He's not my Gunsmith anymore! :cowboy:

3waycross":uio4l26f said:
Told my Gunsmith a couple years ago I had found a new varmint rifle I thought I might buy, he answered; Why? you don't really need another varmint rifle. :shock:

He's not my Gunsmith anymore! :cowboy:
I'm surprised if he's still in business. What a terrible attitude.

One can never have enough guns.

He who dies with the most guns wins.

Maybe that's just my way of thinking. ;-)

On a visit from my sister she spoted one of my fifles and a shotgun hanging on the wall. Looking around at my grangchildren she asked "What do you do with those guns with thies kids around?" I responded they leave my guns alone, they have there own.
I tought my kids, and grandkids to shoot and to respect a firearm as soon as they are big enough to hold one up (or sooner). My 10 yo grardson can shoot a snake, or turtle in the head with a .22 just about every time, and hit almost 50% clays with his 12 ga. Monday my 4 yo grandaughter got her first rifle. A .22 Cricket. She can't quite hold it up by herself, but with a little help from her old fat papa Mac she is learning. In a few years she will by stiff compotition to her bubu.
Mac

bandit80":2s8ln1bx said:
One can never have enough guns.

He who dies with the most guns wins.

Maybe that's just my way of thinking. ;-)

Is logical and makes perfect sense to me!

lilmac":26a3xvsw said:
On a visit from my sister she spoted one of my fifles and a shotgun hanging on the wall. Looking around at my grangchildren she asked "What do you do with those guns with thies kids around?" I responded they leave my guns alone, they have there own.
Mac
Thats good stuff :cowboy:

Latest posts