Gun Talk

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
I am pro gun, pro carry, have worked with armed federal officials in an enforcement environment, and have engaged persons using or threatening to use lethal force against federal enforcement actions.

I have had CC permits from Montana, the City and County of Denver, and Kentucky. I probably have not carried concealed for more than 100 hours total in my entire lifetime.

Candidly, I am by nature not paranoid or insecure. Being very open, this is just my gut feeling - I think many who carry are playing out their childhood aspirations of being John Wayne. I acknowledge that there are legitimate circumstances to be prepared and armed. I have been there, done that. However, how many people are conducting their daily lives in an environment that warrants being armed? Think about this, Do you wear a crash helmet while driving? I know that sounds crass but the likelihood of it saving your life in a wreck far outweighs the protection benefit of the gun you carry.

I find CC a PITA. I realize that you get accustom to it. The question is - Is the juice worth the squeeze?

PS: I acknowledge most users here feel like their life is in constant danger and I am sympathetic, but I simply don't feel that threat.

What's the question here? If I'm in town, I carry. Until I can predict the future, there's no way to know if there's a need. That's like saying no need for a seat belt if you don't expect to crash.

M.Magis":e3tgimhp said:
What's the question here? If I'm in town, I carry. Until I can predict the future, there's no way to know if there's a need. That's like saying no need for a seat belt if you don't expect to crash.

Not a question. I do expect feedback and yours is very helpful.

So you only carry in town. That makes sense.

Ok, I thought there was a question I didn't understand.
I'd venture a guess that VAST majority of people that have needed their CC weapon left the house assuming they'd never need it.
Meth heads these days are something everyone should consider. They do crazy shyt.

M.Magis":3u1fs7dq said:
Ok, I thought there was a question I didn't understand.
I'd venture a guess that VAST majority of people that have needed their CC weapon left the house assuming they'd never need it.
Meth heads these days are something everyone should consider. They do crazy shyt.

What would be funny if someone responds that they don't feel threatened, they just love to play John Wayne. Lol

DId those kids last week think their lives were in danger??

Do you leave the gate open in your cow lot ?? how do you know the cows wont stay in??

Do you keep your driver license in your wallet?? When was the last time you were stopped and needed it??

I have no grand visions of being john wayne , He was just an actor . I do however have the desire to be a good person and with that I would protect or try too protect innocent people including strangers . I am a self starter I do not have to be told what to do on a daily BASIS I hope I never have to be put in that situation. I feel safe every day in my travels but until the day comes that every lunatic is locked up I can not be sure something wont happen. How many times have you heard "we didn't expect that to Happen. "

M-5":me083ni8 said:

Do you leave the gate open in your cow lot ?? how do you know the cows wont stay in??

Do you keep your driver license in your wallet?? When was the last time you were stopped and needed it??

I have no grand visions of being john wayne , He was just an actor . I do however have the desire to be a good person and with that I would protect or try too protect innocent people including strangers . I am a self starter I do not have to be told what to do on a daily BASIS I hope I never have to be put in that situation. I feel safe every day in my travels but until the day comes that every lunatic is locked up I can not be sure something wont happen. How many times have you heard "we didn't expect that to Happen. "

You took the bait.
My guess the original post was for the reason to stir the pot only.

Caustic Burno":31ym8uax said:
M-5":31ym8uax said:

You took the bait.

Most likely but everyone should know by now I'm always up for a fight .

Caustic Burno":3e3g5eqb said:
M-5":3e3g5eqb said:

You took the bait.

A little cookin going on. :D. But the feeling is sincere. I don't identify with the sense of danger some posters convey on other threads. For me personally, the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

Bright Raven":23c1rqbn said:
Caustic Burno":23c1rqbn said:
M-5":23c1rqbn said:

You took the bait.

A little cookin going on. :D. But the feeling is sincere. I don't identify with the sense of danger some posters convey on other threads. For me personally, the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

BR , when was the last time you had an injury or accident on the farm. Could it have been prevented ?? did you know you were going to have the accident and said to heII with it I want to be injured ?? If you never leave the farm then I can understand but if you venture into town any you never know what might happen. How would you feel if something happened to a beautiful lady and you had the opportunity to do something and because you were not armed she died in front of you..

BR, Ron, I think you have made a pretty fair statement of how you feel. I am interested to here how other people feel, not them trying to change your ways but how they go about their business with CC.

I am only looking as an outsider obviously but with all the people in the US that have a licence for CC, how come we don't hear of more incidents where these horrific events are snuffed out by a responsible citizen before much damage is done?

Ken

wbvs58":w7x3m8ch said:
BR, Ron, I think you have made a pretty fair statement of how you feel. I am interested to here how other people feel, not them trying to change your ways but how they go about their business with CC.

I am only looking as an outsider obviously but with all the people in the US that have a licence for CC, how come we don't hear of more incidents where these horrific events are snuffed out by a responsible citizen before much damage is done?

Ken

A lot of people don't care 24/7... And too many places are gun free zones these days...

Bright Raven":1ceiqqoq said:
I am pro gun, pro carry, have worked with armed federal officials in an enforcement environment, and have engaged persons using or threatening to use lethal force against federal enforcement actions.

I have had CC permits from Montana, the City and County of Denver, and Kentucky. I probably have not carried concealed for more than 100 hours total in my entire lifetime.

Candidly, I am by nature not paranoid or insecure. Being very open, this is just my gut feeling - I think many who carry are playing out their childhood aspirations of being John Wayne. I acknowledge that there are legitimate circumstances to be prepared and armed. I have been there, done that. However, how many people are conducting their daily lives in an environment that warrants being armed? Think about this, Do you wear a crash helmet while driving? I know that sounds crass but the likelihood of it saving your life in a wreck far outweighs the protection benefit of the gun you carry.

I find CC a PITA. I realize that you get accustom to it. The question is - Is the juice worth the squeeze?

PS: I acknowledge most users here feel like their life is in constant danger and I am sympathetic, but I simply don't feel that threat.

I agree to some extent on the John Wayne complex. You can tell them quite easily. They can't shut up about what they carry and how they carry.
Kinda showing your cards in my opinion.
I might talk about my hunting iron.
But nobody but my wife knows about my defense arsenal.

I have a S&W 44 special by my bed, I have a Colt Python .357 in the kitchen cabinet above the stove, and a Colt 911 Combat ACP .45 in a piece of furniture by my favorite chair in my living room.

I don't feel the need to tote any of them outside my home but apparently I'm scared stiff at the house.

TennesseeTuxedo":179he18h said:
Caustic Burno":179he18h said:
I understand as I don't step out the house without a 357.
Between rattlesnakes,hogs and feral dumped dogs you better have something.

Who the he!! dumps feral dogs?
Morons..that's who.
Most here, aren't feral until they're dumped...they're someone's unwanted yard/house dog that they got tired of barking, didn't want to pay $ for feed, or a bunch of unplanned puppies they didn't want to raise and find homes for..or put down themselves so they stick 'em in a car, drive over to some desolate road or to some rural farm gate and kick them out to find their way to someone else's house..or a pasture of livestock to chase.....and that's about all I have to add to this conversation.

callmefence":3dwdgvt6 said:
Bright Raven":3dwdgvt6 said:

I agree to some extent on the John Wayne complex. You can tell them quite easily. They can't shut up about what they carry and how they carry.
Kinda showing your cards in my opinion.
I might talk about my hunting iron.
But nobody but my wife knows about my defense arsenal.

I figured you were just using me for bait when you told me where the 380 was hid when we went to the big city. :lol:

greybeard":3r1rf2ju said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3r1rf2ju said:
Caustic Burno":3r1rf2ju said:
I understand as I don't step out the house without a 357.
Between rattlesnakes,hogs and feral dumped dogs you better have something.

Who the he!! dumps feral dogs?
Morons..that's who.
Most here, aren't feral until they're dumped...they're someone's unwanted yard/house dog that they got tired of barking, didn't want to pay $ for feed, or a bunch of unplanned puppies they didn't want to raise and find homes for..or put down themselves so they stick 'em in a car, drive over to some desolate road or to some rural farm gate and kick them out to find their way to someone else's house..or a pasture of livestock to chase.....and that's about all I have to add to this conversation.

Ah so they were once pets and later became feral?

Latest posts