Gun parts

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
As many of you know I seem to buy a few guns, well several guns, no a lot of guns. :shock:
I bought a Remington model 14 pump 35 cal rifle a few days ago made around 1930. It has had a scope mount and scope put on it sometime and the rear sight removed. So I decided I would fix it back to origional. Got online hunting for a rear sight thinking it might be as high as $25. Finally bought one off of ebay for $127.55. They were as high as $185. Anyone have a secret place to find older origional parts?

kenny thomas":3kr4hqgp said:
As many of you know I seem to buy a few guns, well several guns, no a lot of guns. :shock:
I bought a Remington model 14 pump 35 cal rifle a few days ago made around 1930. It has had a scope mount and scope put on it sometime and the rear sight removed. So I decided I would fix it back to origional. Got online hunting for a rear sight thinking it might be as high as $25. Finally bought one off of ebay for $127.55. They were as high as $185. Anyone have a secret place to find older origional parts?
Here you go Kenny. Check here this guy has had some old stuff that has bailed me out before.
http://www.poppertsgunparts.com/webdata2/search.html

Caustic Burno":bn8kmlxr said:
kenny thomas":bn8kmlxr said:
Here you go Kenny. Check here this guy has had some old stuff that has bailed me out before.
http://www.poppertsgunparts.com/webdata2/search.html
CB, that is a great site but my luck they do not have anything for the Remington model 14. :(

Kenny you do know how old that 14 is?
They were great guns but just never really became popular for some reason.
Kind of like a Studebaker.
They were kinda like a Savage 170 absolutely fantastic just couldn't unseat the lever
mindset.

Caustic Burno":826f1ahk said:
They were kinda like a Savage 170 absolutely fantastic just couldn't unseat the lever
mindset.
Yes I do know, Mine is about 1930. I got the rear sight today. Cant believe I paid so much for something so little. But in a few days it will be like new. I also have a Remington model 81 made in 1939 thats looks new. Both are in 35 Remington. Also have 5 lever action Marlins in 35.

Angus Cowman":236ogs5o said:
Kenny I will give you $125 for the gun if you throw in the sight haha
Sure, just send the check and I will start it that way. Oh wait please send cash just in case it gets lost in the mail. :hide:

kenny thomas":2yhsqrwh said:
Caustic Burno":2yhsqrwh said:
mindset.
Yes I do know, Mine is about 1930. I got the rear sight today. Cant believe I paid so much for something so little. But in a few days it will be like new. I also have a Remington model 81 made in 1939 thats looks new. Both are in 35 Remington. Also have 5 lever action Marlins in 35.

I had an 81 in 35 Rem had a brain lockup one day and sold it.

I almost done the same thing. Took it to my gun dealer and told him to put it on gunbroker.com and sell it. It is in almost perfect condition. Before I got home I called him back and told him not to sell it I was coming back to get it.

Kenny, when I had my store and needed a part that was obsolete, I used lee's gun parts in irving texas. They are a small shop with a large inventory.

papavillars":272y9rei said:
Kenny, when I had my store and needed a part that was obsolete, I used lee's gun parts in irving texas. They are a small shop with a large inventory.
Do you have any contact or online info for them? I will add it to my list. I ordered a part off of Amazon last night.

I'v got a 1934 Model Beretta, 380 cal pistol in original condition - except some minor wear and pitting in the barrel. I see that Nurich has a M1934 orginal replacement barrel for sale. Has anyone dealt with these people and would you know if the barrel would be a "drop in" with no further modifications needed?

Latest posts