Gun Maker Offers Sandy Hook Families $33 Million.

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score

After a years-long legal battle with the maker of the rifle used in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, victims' families are deliberating over a $33 million settlement offer from Remington Arms.

There will be no gun manufactures left before long the way it is going. If Budweiser got sued for everybody that got killed by a drunk driver there would be no Bud left before long, just an example.

ap_16320665215210-efb94dd7da470d6864f89a6e3da5967270f76acd-s800-c85.webp

Last edited:
As the attorney said, "There's a lot to think about."

He is sure right about that.
There is a moral dilemma (by some people) in accepting any amount of money from anyone, other than the perpetrator responsible for the murder of a loved one.
I suspect the families knowing the lawyers will receive 11 million while each victim's family receives 2.5 million doesn't 'feel' right to families in accepting the offer.

Why aren't gun makers held responsible in other crimes?
i.e.
When a gun is used to rob a liquor store.
my answer:
Because the criminal is responsible for their own actions and is choosing to use a tool in a manner that was not intended by the manufacturer.

But the truth might be: because lawyers haven't been able to come up with a way to extract sizable fees. To do that you need a hot button issue that generates a lot of emotion. Justice is seldom about justice.

Last edited:
I'm sure "Remington" paid it out so it wouldn't be lingering as they try to sell.
It hasn't been paid, only a settlement offer.
If a settlement isn't reached, it goes to trial in the fall.

I believe the attorney wants to take the money and run, knowing a larger court judgement could take years to collect and with inflation, costs of a yacht are sky rocketing. And there is always the risk of getting a couple of jurors with common sense.... slim, but still a risk.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure all the mainstream gun makers sold out the 2nd Amendment a long time ago.

The insurance companies and corporate America sold out the whole judicial system when they started determining if it's more financially advantageous to fight or pay out rather than defend right and wrong.

Its mindboggling to me when we are at the ranch and I listen to these guys talk about how much of their annual budget goes to lawyers and payouts for straight up nonsense. You want to talk about paying people higher wages or better benefits... do away with frivolous lawsuits.

I'm certainly not in Remington shoes,
But imo they just threw the entire second amendment community under the bus by caving. This will set a precedent for the future.
Exactly the way I was thinking. I think the insurance companies wants or will be paying, as they also want to throw the gun industry under the bus. This makes me want to go out and buy more, but they are getting hard to find or at least what I want.

Last edited:
I thought Remington had already been sold..

remington.jpg

Note the article states that Roundhill Group is an unknown to firearms....

We gun owners are such a group of nervous nellys. The second amendment is going anywhere. Our guns aren't going anywhere. Remington may be going somewhere but that will be a business decision. For crying out loud, tobacco has had it 100 times worse and there's no shortage of cigs.

We gun owners are such a group of nervous nellys. The second amendment is going anywhere. Our guns aren't going anywhere. Remington may be going somewhere but that will be a business decision. For crying out loud, tobacco has had it 100 times worse and there's no shortage of cigs.
You're correct, but nervous nellies are good for business and politics.

No about of money will bring their children back. The gun company itself didn't do anything wrong. The person using the gun is in the wrong. Where did the kid get the gun? Why wasn't gun owner more responsible? Why don't they ever question what caused the kid to do something so horrible instead of just moving it along. Maybe preventing another school shooting by figuring out what is causing kids to go off the deep in and do this type things. Throwing money at the problem isn't solving it nor bring back any the children that have been killed. The money won't replace their child or bring them back, it's sad.
I've lost love ones to guns, I don't feel it's the gun companies fault, nor should I sue them. Doesn't make me a gun hater either. Just like anything else when use correctly normally nobody gets hurt or killed. Now in cases where things have recalls and such I would understand a lawsuit.

Last edited:
"It was founded in 2002 by Michael Bickford, a former Morgan Stanley Real Estate Funds professional."

That right there is all you need to know about Roundhill group LLC. Go look at Democrat donor list. That piece of **** is all over it. He is extra special because he is a Connecticut liberal. Where did Sandy Hook happen? His Polo playing friends found out he bought Remington. He is doing this to shut them up.

Now you know the rest of the story.

Smoking has been outlawed just about everywhere but outdoors in some places and the privacy of your own home. Cigarettes still exist but are much harder to buy than they used to be and priced to inhibit their use. The tobacco industry is but a shadow of what it used to be. So yes I am nervous, it will be death by a thousand papercuts not a beheading. You keep on thinking they won't take them that's exactly what they want you to think.

Latest posts