Gun Deaths per State

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Any one know how the states stack up in deaths per 100,000 people. Like who is on the top and who is on the bottom.

TennesseeTuxedo":vlgdykqr said:
If you already knew where to look why did you start a thread other than to rabble rouse?
Just trying to show where information can be found if you are trying to broaden your knowledge of what goes on in the USA.

hurleyjd":27c16kpp said:
TennesseeTuxedo":27c16kpp said:
If you already knew where to look why did you start a thread other than to rabble rouse?
Just trying to show where information can be found if you are trying to broaden your knowledge of what goes on in the USA.

Then why didn't you simply start your thread in that fashion?

Btw, everyone here is familiar with Google.

callmefence":8gsel3gm said:
M-5":8gsel3gm said:
Moral of the story is here in the South (Alaska might get a proxy membership) you better act right or you get your azz shot.

Apparently you haven't been listening..it's behind the ear.
Have you not met these folks ?? All of them have their head up their azz all the time.

M-5":2a99twtk said:
callmefence":2a99twtk said:
M-5":2a99twtk said:
Moral of the story is here in the South (Alaska might get a proxy membership) you better act right or you get your azz shot.

Apparently you haven't been listening..it's behind the ear.
Have you not met these folks ?? All of them have their head up their azz all the time.

:clap: :tiphat:

M-5":3eztleu8 said:
Welp, that's one way to avoid getting one behind the ear I guess....depending how far they stick their head in...

target not visible..
faceass8751.jpg

hurleyjd":3rf3w88l said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3rf3w88l said:
Gotta believe Illinois ranks pretty high up there.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Not really trying to make any point at all trying to show how states may rate.

Good place to look. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosm ... irearm.htm
Why not look beyond state boundaries? Find a chart that breaks it down by city, rural vs populated, race, religion, lifestyle, drug use, dependency on welfare, financial status, or even what type of music a person listens to. Find the commonality by something other than a state line.

I cross referenced state high school graduation rates with firearm mortality rates to see if there was a link to education
and found no correlation.

in example
1. Iowa in high school graduation rate.... low firearm mortality
4. Alabama H.S. grad rate.... yet... high firearm mortality
Minnesota below average H.S. grad rate.... yet... low firearm morality

On a side note Arkansas is a leader in efficiency in education getting the most bang for the buck with above average
graduation rates and well below national average on total $ spent per student

Son of Butch":1dmheaxf said:
I cross referenced state high school graduation rates with firearm mortality rates to see if there was a link to education
and found no correlation.

in example
1. Iowa in high school graduation rate.... low firearm mortality
4. Alabama H.S. grad rate.... yet... high firearm mortality
Minnesota below average H.S. grad rate.... yet... low firearm morality

On a side note Arkansas is a leader in efficiency in education getting the most bang for the buck with above average
graduation rates and well below national average on total $ spent per student

Any reason you left out the actual ranking for Minnesota in H.S. grad rate?

TennesseeTuxedo":29dgytvn said:
Yes speed and embarrassment.
I didn't want to take the time to actually count it out as the chart was alphabetical not ranked.
Embarrassed to realize how far my state has fallen... in my day we were always in the top 5-10 in education.
Now we are 4th in just our 5 state area... pretty embarrassing to be behind Wisconsin in anything other than Cheese.

zirlottkim":2gbulc4f said:
Why not look beyond state boundaries? Find a chart that breaks it down by city, rural vs populated, race, religion, lifestyle, drug use, dependency on welfare, financial status, or even what type of music a person listens to. Find the commonality by something other than a state line.
How about by gender?

Son of Butch":3jm7xbl4 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3jm7xbl4 said:
Yes speed and embarrassment.
I didn't want to take the time to actually count it out as the chart was alphabetical not ranked.
Embarrassed to realize how far my state has fallen... in my day we were always in the top 5-10 in education.
Now we are 4th in just our 5 state area... pretty embarrassing to be behind Wisconsin in anything other than Cheese.

I like cheese.

I'm not sure graduation rate measures anything anymore. They give diplomas away.

boondocks":61rx5t33 said:
zirlottkim":61rx5t33 said:
How about by gender?
Whatever is relevant. Seems to me that State boundaries have little meaning since most laws are dictated from D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts