Gun Control

Help Support CattleToday:

icandoit

Reaction score
Be very careful what you give away, it may be your freedom!!!!
-----
Whether you agree or not, this is an interesting lesson in history. Something to think about...
------------------------------
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!) While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.
You won't see this data on the American evening news or hear our president, governors or other politicians disseminating this information. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens. Take note my fellow Americans.....before it's too late! The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson. With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

Dick

Thanks. What's the saying about prying it from my cold, dead fingers?

This old chestnut keeps coming up, most of these Countries were in a state of unrest when these laws were made, and no matter if they were allowed to carry arms they still would have been rounded up. as you can't take on your countries army.

Soviet Union was just getting over the Revolution,

Turkey it was the First World War period

Germany was leading upto the Second World War

China was using it's little red book with Chairman Moil

Guatemala, Uganda and Cambodia were under Dictatorship.

it was not through gun control it was through the acts of war and Dictatorship in those cases....Modern times now it seems to be through lack of Jobs and respect, Criminals don't care about the law, if they did they wouldn't be criminals, they will use a gun no matter whether people were armed or not, look at who gathered up these people and exterminated them the Government not everyday criminals, and has the Australian or the British government comes to that rounded up people and had them exterminated, I think the answer is NO. so getting rid of guns off of the street makes no difference to the type of crimes being made. It just gives the media something to pick up on as it is out of the normal code of practice. There are far more gun crimes committed in the US, but no one tends to report them as nearly everyone carries a gun, in our Countries no individual carries a gun so it is NEWS when a gun is used in a crime. I will get off of my soap box now. just one last thing I don't think anyone will stop the gun laws in the US in our life times, and there is no harm in that as you are used to it.

Chrisy,

You sound like an advocate for a law to force Americans to surrender their weapons. Well, God help 'em if they ever come for mine, They will have to call in an airstrike or something I guess.

Chrisy, Have you been listening to Hillary? :lol: :lol:

If death is inevitible because of dictatorship, why not go out fighting?

Not enough people pack firearms in America and crimes are reported. Where did you get that info?

It is not like you think. I don't know where you got your info but it is nothing like that at all.

Herefordcross":3vh50cv2 said:
Chrisy,

You sound like an advocate for a law to force Americans to surrender their weapons. Well, God help 'em if they ever come for mine, They will have to call in an airstrike or something I guess.

no far from it....I would never say that, what I did say was it will never happen in our life time. not that I wanted it to happen.

on the other point, nearly all Americans carry guns....this what I read in the media, so it shows what a lot of lies comes out in the Papers. and Statistic reports. about guns.

chrisy":pgh21tb8 said:
There are far more gun crimes committed in the US, but no one tends to report them as nearly everyone carries a gun,

BS. Come see us.

backhoeboogie":1ito1bhe said:
Chrisy, Have you been listening to Hillary? :lol: :lol:

If death is inevitible because of dictatorship, why not go out fighting?

Not enough people pack firearms in America and crimes are reported. Where did you get that info?

It is not like you think. I don't know where you got your info but it is nothing like that at all.

I read it in a paper, that most people in America carry guns and not all crimes are reported, as like not all crimes are reported here. as I said before just goes to show don't believe what you read in the Papers. as most of it is BS.

Wewild":18gxt80b said:
chrisy":18gxt80b said:
There are far more gun crimes committed in the US, but no one tends to report them as nearly everyone carries a gun,

BS. Come see us.

I did in May of this year and I felt quite safe walking down the Streets. I didn't think there was going to be gun fights at the OK Corral going on. I am not that nieve. The parts I saw of your Country I liked very much, and would like to come back one day to see more.

The problem is we pass laws banning guns and then nobody has a gun except the criminals. I just don't see the logic behind it. They ought to just outlaw criminals having guns.

Beef11":2tcuxumd said:
The problem is we pass laws banning guns and then nobody has a gun except the criminals. I just don't see the logic behind it. They ought to just outlaw criminals having guns.

I think that's been done... :roll:

Alice

I read an interesting theory the other day.

If guns kill people then I can blame my pencil for my speeling mistakes.

It may come out as humorous but I believe it to be an exact paralell.Z

I read an interesting theory the other day.

If guns kill people then I can blame my pencil for my speeling mistakes.

It may come out as humorous but I believe it to be an exact paralell.Z

Beef11":ersj78ly said:
The problem is we pass laws banning guns and then nobody has a gun except the criminals. I just don't see the logic behind it. They ought to just outlaw criminals having guns

Beef11":ersj78ly said:
So the next step is to outlaw guns from the law abiding? :roll:

These two statements from you are inane and absurd.

First, of course there are laws against outlaw criminals having guns. Duh!

Second, there is a law about "outlawing" guns from the law abiding...the constitutional right stating the right to bear arms. Again, Duh!

You make absolutely no point here.

Alice

The problem is you are judging americans by what you read in the liberal press.

Latest posts