Gun Control

Help Support CattleToday:

Simply stated. Gun control is an illusion. The only guns that will ever be "controlled" are those of law abiding citizens. And this would accomplish what? The thugs and hoodlums and terrorists, well they're gonna still have theirs. And let's pretend all the guns just vanished like a fart in the wind. They will use knives or sticks or arrows. Cain killed Abel with a rock. Gonna issue a rock control law? The world is full of evil. Always has been. Always will be. I personally think every law abiding citizen with a clean background check should have a gun and be very familiar with how to use it. Like it or not, you better be prepared to defend your possessions and your life, and not depend on our government to handle it.

1wlimo":39ym4rcj said:
I think that asking for gun control because 2 out of 352 mass shootings this year is dumb,

asking for at least some training due to the 52 shooting by toddlers is much more appropriate.

May be I am just cheap but I see no reason for 30 rounds in a magazine, I kind of want to hit what I am shooting at. Would have to say that it may worry me that if I was in a place where there was trouble and "joe blogs" was armed and going to intercede that they knew what they were doing, and not make things worse.

Be careful, some might think that being cheap on gas is a national security issue and want to ban any vehicle that holds more than 15 gallons or burns more than a Honda civic.

Once you start down the road of opinions, you will eventually lose. Everyone will lose when freedom is lost.

Amazing to me how many people think they are smarter than the founding fathers. And that is what any and every person wanting to erode one of the first 10 amendments is saying, they believe they are more intelligent and can create a government that will function better.

Can you imagine Thomas Jefferson in a debate with any of our current loons? They would need a handful of staff with digital dictionaries to even try.

The only reason the goons want gun control, is because it has the word "control" in it.

Welcome to the USSA...
Please deposit your guns, personal property, religion, and freedom in the provided bins, so we can incarcerate them.
Enjoy your stay, and remember Communism is your friend!

About a week ago there was a loud boom that rattled the windows. Thought it was a sonic boom. This boom was heard all over the area and was not a sonic boom. It was heard from places 15 miles from me. Supposed to have been some boys shooting tannerite. Did they mix a lot to create this large of an explosion. Can tannerite be used to make a bomb. Was the boys just curious are do they have other plans. Should this be investgated. I do not know if they have actually put any names on the boys only thing I have heard is that the explosion happened in a certain area. I am not familiar with tannerite and maybe some of you members are. Could it be used in a destructive way.

hurleyjd":2zrw2boq said:
About a week ago there was a loud boom that rattled the windows. Thought it was a sonic boom. This boom was heard all over the area and was not a sonic boom. It was heard from places 15 miles from me. Supposed to have been some boys shooting tannerite. Did they mix a lot to create this large of an explosion. Can tannerite be used to make a bomb. Was the boys just curious are do they have other plans. Should this be investgated. I do not know if they have actually put any names on the boys only thing I have heard is that the explosion happened in a certain area. I am not familiar with tannerite and maybe some of you members are. Could it be used in a destructive way.
We heard a loud boom about a week ago also, sound like a sonic boom to me, they claimed the same story about tannerite, and no news outlets reported on it.
Something sounds fishy and it ain't the tannerite.

Yes, you can make a bomb out of tanerite. just as you can make one out of certain common kitchen cleaning chemicals, tractor lubricants, fuel, fertilize aftershave, good whiskey, and virtually everything and anything else you can imagine. But, it would probably be much much easier to make an explosive device out of the household stuff than make a usable and reliable IED from tanerite.
I've used tanerite. It will not explode unless you put a high velocity round thru container--exception being the 'Goliath' brand, (it's not actually tanerite) which can be set off by shooting it with sub sonic round (.22/.17)
Once mixed, been my experience that it has a very short 'shelf life', and the storage or transport of mixed binary explosives is already illegal.

"Mixed too much"?

Is that like too much money, a girl too pretty, with too much class, being too lucky, a car too fast?
Depends how big of a bang you want.

Shelf life is my concern with Tanerite. But I did buy 50lbs of aluminum powder just in case.

It can't take any kind of humidity or moisture. I had mixed some up one day and filled some old plastic pill bottles, then had to go in hospital that evening and told wife to put the 3 little containers in a steel storage building I have. When I got back on my feet 2 weeks later, it was a solid chunk of crap and completely inert. I have read you can grind it back into powder form with a kitchen grater but that's just more trouble than I want to go thru and probably illegal as well. I've never mixed up and exploded a big charge of it--probably no more than 5-6 ounces at most. They are no louder than a black powder rifle imo.
The times we used it, and did a lot of shooting, I always asked/informed/invited the neighbors ahead of time.
It's like a loud party or gathering of any kind--the best way to avoid problems with upset neighbors is just invite them to join in.

I like Missouri's take on it. Two different county sheriff's offices just lowered the cost to get a CCW license. Used to be $100 to file, they are dropping it for the next few years to $60. They got on the news and encouraged people to go get their CCW, and hope that by lowering the price it will make it more affordable for all.
To take a class out here, it averages $75. I am getting mine, and since I am a teacher they will only charge me $50 for the day class. So, for $110, I can get my CCW. :clap: I am looking at getting a Springfield XDM compact .40SW, at Inyeti's recommendation. I hope to get it all completed in January....

My dad was a big gun advocate, and he taught us how to handle a gun at a young age. I thank him for that every day now that he is gone...

M-5":2m8wm3xd said:
tannerrite will rattle the windows and shake the ground

That's what bothers me M-5. People who are scared, are scared. No need to rattle them. Or annoy. It just gives them more reason to complain. Tannerrite blasts and shotgun blasts are two different things. I don't mind tannerrite. But I don't want people using it against me or against my ability to own firearms. If the crybabies get video of tannerite and use it for their cause, its all the worse for everyone.

We use 1qt. Gatorade bottles and it's quite the blast.

hurleyjd":18wpn7q2 said:

Probably just boys having fun. Some of the stuff that we did as a kid would get the ATF called now. It is amazing any of us has any hearing left. I have been told that a 55 gallon trash bag filled with acelytene and a really long fuse can be heard ten miles away and bust out truck windows 75 yards away. ;-)

TexasBred":1fqhhoi6 said:
greybeard":1fqhhoi6 said:
Terrorists overseas shoot people in some of the most gun restricted cities on earth and they blame the terrorist.
Terrorists here shoot someone and they automatically blame the gun.
Will always be plenty of bloodshed even without guns.
Current intifada carried out by Palestinians against Israelis involves mostly knives.

Rwanda genocide, over a period of approximately 100 days, between 500,000 and 1,000,000 Tutsi and politically moderate Hutu were killed, almost exclusively with machetes and farm tools. When the Army ran the radical Hutus out, they abandoned their weapons at the border before crossing in to Tanzania.

Politicians and libs fail to understand that anything can be a deadly weapon so they concentrate on and sensationalize the one that gets them the most attention. People intent on killing simply use whatever is most convenient many times with the same result of using a sophisticated weapon.

I agree. One could wreck a lot of peoples day with several pounds of beef fat but I think outlawing cattle would be silly.

Jogeephus":24l5qa8e said:
TexasBred":24l5qa8e said:
greybeard":24l5qa8e said:
Terrorists overseas shoot people in some of the most gun restricted cities on earth and they blame the terrorist.
Terrorists here shoot someone and they automatically blame the gun.
Will always be plenty of bloodshed even without guns.
Current intifada carried out by Palestinians against Israelis involves mostly knives.

Rwanda genocide, over a period of approximately 100 days, between 500,000 and 1,000,000 Tutsi and politically moderate Hutu were killed, almost exclusively with machetes and farm tools. When the Army ran the radical Hutus out, they abandoned their weapons at the border before crossing in to Tanzania.

Politicians and libs fail to understand that anything can be a deadly weapon so they concentrate on and sensationalize the one that gets them the most attention. People intent on killing simply use whatever is most convenient many times with the same result of using a sophisticated weapon.

I agree. One could wreck a lot of peoples day with several pounds of beef fat but I think outlawing cattle would be silly.

Silly or not, Jo, the tree huggers would love to see cattle go away because of cow farts.

hillbilly beef man":1vuz2pmd said:
hurleyjd":1vuz2pmd said:

Probably just boys having fun. Some of the stuff that we did as a kid would get the ATF called now. It is amazing any of us has any hearing left. I have been told that a 55 gallon trash bag filled with acelytene and a really long fuse can be heard ten miles away and bust out truck windows 75 yards away. ;-)

A #18 rebar cap filled with oxy acetylene is loud enough! Blow that rebar cap into outerspace it seems.

Latest posts