Gun control in Chicago.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
17 people were killed and 42 wounded last weekend in Chicago, the most ever. Chicago has the country's strictest gun laws. So when is a gun going to learn not to shoot someone?

It takes time for change to take ahold. Those are probably pre gun ban guns.

SoILcattle":3a171s75 said:
They just need more gun control, then the problem will be fixed

They could fix the problem a little quicker if someone would air drop a box with about 10,000 9mm's downtown. Chicago has been out of control since they shut the old organized crime down.

JMJ Farms":151iha83 said:
SoILcattle":151iha83 said:

They could fix the problem a little quicker if someone would air drop a box with about 10,000 9mm's downtown. Chicago has been out of control since they shut the old organized crime down.
Still organized crime just a different set of players with a different code all tied to a cartiel

JMJ Farms":28402oav said:
SoILcattle":28402oav said:

A guy I coordinated with who worked for the State of Montana was raised in Chicago and quite proud of it. He said the old organized crime had principles. There were certain understandings they had with each other. He sounded a lot like your comment implied.

Margonme":2oetw8gq said:
JMJ Farms":2oetw8gq said:
SoILcattle":2oetw8gq said:

A guy I coordinated with who worked for the State of Montana was raised in Chicago and quite proud of it. He said the old organized crime had principles. There were certain understandings they had with each other. He sounded a lot like your comment implied.

That was all before my time of course and I've never been to Chicago but I've watched many documentaries and read a good deal about organized crime, mainly in the 60s and 70s. While they probably could in no way be considered ethical, they did have principles, as your source stated. In my most humble opinion, the majority of problems in the US today stem from two issues. 1) Greed, and 2) Most people are "soft".

Governments and religions have been trying to control sin since the beginning of time and have always failed. The two most effective weapons against crime are called "Mom and Dad"

City Guy":hoivsusl said:
Governments and religions have been trying to control sin since the beginning of time and have always failed. The two most effective weapons against crime are called "Mom and Dad"

Your presumption there is mom and dad had some principles and values....and if they had them they probably got them from their mom and dad and eventually it got back to the church they attended.

Governments, in my estimation, do not try controlling sin.

I was using sin and crime interchangeably. Can't say for certain but there were probably good parents before there was religion.

One antidote does not prove or disprove a theory. I didn't say they were perfect weapons against crime, just the best. Who declared Adam and Eve good parents? or bad ones? We don't have any indication what kind of parents they were, except that one son was a killer and liar.

D2Cat":gpclfx3c said:
City Guy":gpclfx3c said:

Your presumption there is mom and dad had some principles and values....and if they had them they probably got them from their mom and dad and eventually it got back to the church they attended.

Governments, in my estimation, do not try controlling sin.

Government is a broad term. Everything from dictatorship to democracy. If you are referring to the federal government of the USA, by virtue of the Constitution, our government is constituted to establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, etc. There is nothing in the Constitution that authorizes it to prosecute SIN.

Good example is abortion. Abortion is not about the government prosecuting the SIN of abortion. The issue is RIGHTS. The government through the Supreme courts has entered the battle over abortion on the basis of a woman's rights.

TV evangelist have a monopoly in the SIN business. The Government could never compete. :D

As I said before I used crime and sin interchangeably. What most of us call sins are also crimes.

If I lived in Chicago I would probably have to shoot some one too...... Just saying. Rats when packed to closely will start killing each other.

Latest posts