Guess ya'll driving Chevys

Help Support CattleToday:

Dang! They will have some Chevy to come clean up that mess. 😉🤣😝
No more metal than they make them Fix Or Repair Daily peaces of junk.

If they run all of them through a trash compactor. It should only take one long wheel base 1/2 ton Chevy to haul them to the dump wouldn't it Shell ? Lol !!!

Anybody ever been to a salvage auction? I went with a family member to a "dealer only" auction one time, and it was interesting to see some of the things that were claimed totaled. Manufacturers and dealers are pretty quick to write off vehicles they own. I bet a lot of the trucks on that train will be on the road after just a few days at a body shop.

All the vehicles on the cars off the tracks will be sent to the shredder. There will be a crew on the site getting thing out of the way so new tracks can be brought in and set. No one is allowed to remove anything from the vehicles at any time, nothing...not even a windshield wiper!

Anybody ever been to a salvage auction? I went with a family member to a "dealer only" auction one time, and it was interesting to see some of the things that were claimed totaled. Manufacturers and dealers are pretty quick to write off vehicles they own. I bet a lot of the trucks on that train will be on the road after just a few days at a body shop.
The only problem with those salvage vehicles is that they have a "salvage title" after that and it is hard to get banks or credit companies to loan money on them and dealers are gun shy about taking them in trade.

All the vehicles on the cars off the tracks will be sent to the shredder. There will be a crew on the site getting thing out of the way so new tracks can be brought in and set. No one is allowed to remove anything from the vehicles at any time, nothing...not even a windshield wiper!
I am not saying you are wrong, but why do you say that? If Ford's Insurance Company or the RR's for that matter pays for them, the trucks belong to the Insurance Company.

Because I've been to a couple of derailments and worked with the various crews. Primarily was helping the RR investigator in his initial responsibility of contacting local land owners, determine safe routes for the truck, who owned the cattle if it was rented ground, etc.

You are correct about FOMOCO owning the vehicles. How the insurance works, I'm not aware of. They are also the ones who determines their disposal. I'm pretty sure it all has to do with liability down the road.

It's a organized recovery when a train is off the rails. The guys on the crews have suit cases packed so they jump in their truck and head toward the wreckage. Often times is the cargo is lumber, coal or a loose usable product the RR doesn't care if folks load loose material. It's less for them to deal with, but when the first person shows up all people and vehicles leave.

There's a Hazmat crew often the first there and trucks hauling cranes. The replacement rails are already assembled in 40' sections and 7-8 sections on each truck. Cranes are removing cars off the bed area and out of the way. Other cranes will unload the rails and rotate and set them down for another crane to move to final position.

The crews put up lights and have the place looking like a major league ball field and work non-stop, as you can imagine. Last one I was at, I asked the super when will the track be open. He said trains will cross here at 9 tomorrow morning, and it was 2 in the afternoon! There were 14 cars off the tracks, and the replacement rails were on 5-6 trucks.

Here's a link to get some more information from one the the companies who do this kind of work. https://www.herzog.com/about-herzog/

Same thing happened about 3 years ago and I tried to buy one of the F250's. Some were messed up pretty bad, but a few had very light damage. Ford would only sell these trucks as parts with LKQ so no salvage title.

I've had 3 vehicles with salvage titles.
2 trucks and a firebird. All of em outstanding deals. Using a side x side right now that came out of Rita if I remember correctly. Drained all the water out and changed filters and fluids and put it to work.

I still drive an 02 Ford daily!
Still drive an 02 Ford PSD 6 Speed manual also, but not daily. The 36k warranty finally ran out.

5ElSwv7.jpg

Thats funny as hell 🤣
Kind of makes me look like a tight azz, no fuel and to cheap to drive. Well it cracks me up to see the road full of 3/4 and ton Diesel trucks with a 5 gallon bucket on the back getting about 12mpg making a big payment. Those old Power Rams you can't kill as this one is 34 years old and yesterday had over a ton on and empty it gets 24mpg.

A few years ago I didn't get the salt off in time and it has a few termites. It was my dads so a freebee. It has been Ram tough.

rGVDLJj.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts