Guess ya'll driving Chevys

Help Support CattleToday:

Anybody ever been to a salvage auction? I went with a family member to a "dealer only" auction one time, and it was interesting to see some of the things that were claimed totaled. Manufacturers and dealers are pretty quick to write off vehicles they own. I bet a lot of the trucks on that train will be on the road after just a few days at a body shop.

Yes they are fun. There are places that sell salvage, rebuilt, and even clear titles you be surprised some the vehicles that have clear titles. Car dealers will buy clear titles vehicles or even salvage or rebuilds get them rebuilt titled as clear titles. You maybe surprised the wrecks that don't show up on them carfax reports.
I've had 3 vehicles with salvage titles.
2 trucks and a firebird. All of em outstanding deals. Using a side x side right now that came out of Rita if I remember correctly. Drained all the water out and changed filters and fluids and put it to work.

Agree.
The only problem with those salvage vehicles is that they have a "salvage title" after that and it is hard to get banks or credit companies to loan money on them and dealers are gun shy about taking them in trade.

Save up pay cash.

Some rebuilts are simple fixes if you know what your doing or willing to clear. Could save lots of money. 😊

I rebuilt this back in the 90s..salvage title, drove it couple years .then sold it to a Veterinarian ...a pulling son of a gun..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    500.8 KB · Views: 4
Kind of makes me look like a tight azz, no fuel and to cheap to drive. Well it cracks me up to see the road full of 3/4 and ton Diesel trucks with a 5 gallon bucket on the back getting about 12mpg making a big payment. Those old Power Rams you can't kill as this one is 34 years old and yesterday had over a ton on and empty it gets 24mpg.

A few years ago I didn't get the salt off in time and it has a few termites. It was my dads so a freebee. It has been Ram tough.

rGVDLJj.jpg
Those little D50 trucks were nice little rides, I had one in high school. Not much power but rode nice. Dodge builds a nice truck when it is a Mitsubishi!😎

We pull Kiefer trailers from the factory with a 2014 Dodge 2500 2 wheel drive with the 6.4 Hemi gas engine. Since Jan 6th we have put 56,000+ miles on it. It had 595,000+ on it last Sunday. It went to GA with a trailer today.

This is a cool lady. I'm surprised in 60 years she hasn't ever wrecked, hit a deer, or nothing like that. Does Wisconsin not have deer like Kentucky. I hate a deer!! Are ya'll going deer killing staining this weekend. Not hunting... killing. Thin them out.

Those little D50 trucks were nice little rides, I had one in high school. Not much power but rode nice. Dodge builds a nice truck when it is a Mitsubishi!😎

Yeah, I had one of those back in the 80's. Actually I had two compact trucks in one; my first and my last.

This is a cool lady. I'm surprised in 60 years she hasn't ever wrecked, hit a deer, or nothing like that. Does Wisconsin not have deer like Kentucky. I hate a deer!! Are ya'll going deer killing staining this weekend. Not hunting... killing. Thin them out.
That's is pretty dang kool!
Bet that ol car has been pampered its whole life.

Latest posts