guess the breed

Help Support CattleToday:

It is strange to me that a cross between a cow and a buffalo doesn't resemble a buffalo. Most crosses ie. (horse x donkey = mule) have a resemblence to both breeds. Has anyone seen a beefalo that looked more like a buffalo?

sidney411":1ju4fbz5 said:
It is strange to me that a cross between a cow and a buffalo doesn't resemble a buffalo. Most crosses ie. (horse x donkey = mule) have a resemblence to both breeds. Has anyone seen a beefalo that looked more like a buffalo?

you mean like this bison hybrid..

Picture015.jpg

.anything over 3/8 bison is refered to as a Bison hybrid..I,d like to see Jake hid this one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

greenwillowherefords":27a9iw28 said:
That one looks similar to the one that used to be at "Buffalo Ranch," a tourist attraction at Afton, OK.

Whiteface kinda of makes you look twice eh. :lol: :lol:

frenchie":2f3vqi2j said:
.anything over 3/8 bison is refered to as a Bison hybrid..I,d like to see Jake hid this one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely there is enough depth in the heart there for Jake, right frenchie!! :roll:

certherfbeef":2p0as09o said:
frenchie":2p0as09o said:

Surely there is enough depth in the heart there for Jake, right frenchie!! :roll:
:lol2: I don,t know about that.that young fellar is particular.. :lol2:

Egads, Frenchie! Those black baldie beefalo critters are as ugly as sin!

The neighbours closest to us also have a small herd of bison, and those things are now deadly to be out in the pasture with. Darn near caught their eldest son on the quad this summer...sure must have been some fun for the seismic crew that had to grid lines through that pasture this winter.

Do those animals have as nasty a dispostion as mature bison?

Take care.

CattleAnnie":2lnmnwvq said:
Egads, Frenchie! Those black baldie beefalo critters are as ugly as sin!

The neighbours closest to us also have a small herd of bison, and those things are now deadly to be out in the pasture with. Darn near caught their eldest son on the quad this summer...sure must have been some fun for the seismic crew that had to grid lines through that pasture this winter.

Do those animals have as nasty a dispostion as mature bison?

Take care.

Yeah they are real cuties ain,t they. :mrgreen: .they are a mite high strung I guess.They belong to a friend of mine.

As far as his bison I have no problem with them. My friend has 400 hundred bison cows and we have walked through them lots .You are more likely to get hurt ,by them when one bunts another and he tries to get away and you ,re in the way. So you don,t get too close.That and you stay away from the calves.Those cows make the coolest sound compared to a cows moo.

I draw the line when he feeds the bulls though..there is some pretty big buggers in there.

This guy has had this herd since 1966...so they have been handled for almost 40 yrs like cattle.

Frenchie
We had 1 calf out of a beefalo in the early seventies, neighbors bull got out and dad let him in with our cows to catch him. Angus cow had a small brockle faced bull calf that weighed about 55 lbs. and dad was poed!!! That calf never looked back he was prob as fast birth to rail, that dad ever raised. The neighbor quit the beefaloes because of the high no. of bulls that were serile.
your friend
Mike

Latest posts