Guess that tool

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
No prizes here just a chance at some braggin rights. I doubt that many here have ever used one of these!

Not a clue what it is or what is used for but I'd like to know. I have one that came in an old box of tools I bought at a pawn shop a couple years ago. I always thought it was something to do with hoof maintenance but probably not.

A few more guesses and I will reveal it.

Here's a hint. I never used it in the sunshine but you could!

greybeard":htx9mt38 said:
Jogeephus":htx9mt38 said:
Chicken wire pliars.
Are you inferring that 3waycross is going around at night breaking into coops and stealing chickens?
:shock:

How else would you think an Italian would get into the food business?

It has to be something that works on a radius. The pointed leg is a pivot. The other leg looks like it shaves a surface. It has a stop for not closing too far. But I don't know.

Jogeephus":1x5ii1n6 said:
Its a fusing tool for cutting det cord and packing caps.

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!

I used it when i was mining underground back in the late 60's. The pointed end is for poking a hole in a stick of dynamite so that you can insert the blasting cap and the cutter is for cutting primercord but will work on wire on the electric caps also.

Found it a couple of days ago. Hard to believe it has been 44 years since i used it last!

BTW Greybeard you get 2nd place for a good guess!

Jogeephus":3p5ga856 said:
greybeard":3p5ga856 said:
Jogeephus":3p5ga856 said:
Chicken wire pliars.
Are you inferring that 3waycross is going around at night breaking into coops and stealing chickens?
:shock:

How else would you think an Italian would get into the food business?
I dunno--and I ain't going to ask any questions about it either--figured that was all pre-decided and if I got too inquisitive I might end up with a horse's head in my bed.

3waycross":29hv8xkf said:
Jogeephus":29hv8xkf said:
Its a fusing tool for cutting det cord and packing caps.

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!

I used it when i was mining underground back in the late 60's. The pointed end is for poking a hole in a stick of dynamite so that you can insert the blasting cap and the cutter is for cutting primercord but will work on wire on the electric caps also.

Found it a couple of days ago. Hard to believe it has been 44 years since i used it last!

BTW Greybeard you get 2nd place for a good guess!

Well, now I know what mine is for and I guess if the black suits ever come around here, they'll haul me down to gtmo just for having it.

Greybeard

Well, now I know what mine is for and I guess if the black suits ever come around here, they'll haul me down to gtmo just for having it.
[/quote]

Greybeard chances are they would haul you off a lot quicker for your previous service and your age.

BTW thank you for your service, by the sound of it it was prodigious :tiphat:

PS do not listen to anything that hillbilly in Georgia tells you about how i got into the food business. He has stole more chickens in his day than Snuffy Smith!

Latest posts