Guess that [cross] breed

Help Support CattleToday:

TxStateCowboy

Reaction score
southernbull.jpg

he looks like the limousin calf i bottle raised out of a brangus cow that died.

Am I the only person who buys 2 year old bulls any more??? You buy a yearling and turn him out to do a real bull's work and then he goes to pot because we are too cheap too supplement the little dude in a drought. I don't like him; but it is hard to evaluate condition score 3 yearling bulls. He has some thickness, a level top, decent feet and legs, but a coarse shoulder, loose sheath, and a little bit of a pallet head. He kind of looks flat ribbed; but without a rear shot I don't want to declare it.

Don't let him near a cow, deworm him, feed him 6 lbs of bull test a day and unlimited hay for the next 120 days, then let us really evaluate him.

Limousin-salorn?

He's one product of our commercial herd in south texas, more than a decade of hardiness and longevity (we still have 1980's longhorn cows popping out brangus calves) bred into every animal that is born down there. He isn't a masterpeice herd sire, but we put him with 4 cows on a small ranch for fun, since those gals had no boyfriend, and i was very surprized at the outcome. i will post his current pic and his 1st offspring, which are not bad considering he's virtually something out of nothing.

He is 1/4 longhorn
1/4 limousin
2/4 brangus

Nice call

I like the way you criticized him, more of that is welcomed, as I learn what details you look at in judging cattle.

Latest posts