Guess it was my turn for "one of those days"

Help Support CattleToday:

Travis B.

Reaction score
It started when I woke up at 6:30 this morning didn't end until about 9:30 tonight. I woke up and found a 19 month old heifer(accidentally bred) tryin to have a calf. Took an hour to pull it, because it weighed close to 100 pounds the heifer was small. Both are doin okay tonight. I then went to football from 8:00 until 12:00 which was actually ok. Went home ate lunch and started mowin the lawn, but run out of gas and had to go to town(11 miles round trip) to get more, then wrapped some twine around the blades and had to cut it off. Then we went to haul some calves to the sale barn and I got kicked in the stomach loadin them(got a big scratch and a bruise), had a flat on the trailer comin back. We got back and went by one of the pastures and saw cows runnin like crazy with a horse behind them(our cows have never seen horses), turned out to be the neighbor(not the best) trespassing to get a calf out. Told the neighbor I would meet them tomorrow to get the calf out, and asked him not to ride on my property anymore. He said ok and went back to his house. We checked the fence and were pullin out when the guy's dad did something i'm not gonna say, so we went to talk to him. He said the kid told him that we chewed him out bad, even though we didn't. However he believed us and is settled tonight(maybe another story tomorrow) We finally got in and fed pigs at 9:00, in the dark. Hope noone has a bad day like this even though they are bound to happen. Guess it's all part of farmin and ranchin.

Travis Bryan

That validates and argument I have had for a long time.

Nothing ever good comes from mowing the lawn.

3MR":n5aji6ik said:
That validates and argument I have had for a long time.

Nothing ever good comes from mowing the lawn.

Now thats the truth, let it grow and bale it...

Wife will not let me, so off to mow the lawn.....

MD

Travis B.":21c18h3u said:
We got back and went by one of the pastures and saw cows runnin like crazy with a horse behind them(our cows have never seen horses), turned out to be the neighbor(not the best) trespassing to get a calf out.
Travis Bryan
I had this happen about 9 yrs ago in the woods pasture. the cows haven't like staying in that pasture since. They won't graze it well. They eat just enough to come back to the gate and hang around. And most of them have been born since that time so how do they know????

Travis B....there's bad days, and there's bad days...and then there's days like your's. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the baddest of the bad, I'd say you hit about 25. Bless your heart.

Alice

dj":qp6a9tzu said:
Travis B.":qp6a9tzu said:
We got back and went by one of the pastures and saw cows runnin like crazy with a horse behind them(our cows have never seen horses), turned out to be the neighbor(not the best) trespassing to get a calf out.
Travis Bryan
I had this happen about 9 yrs ago in the woods pasture. the cows haven't like staying in that pasture since. They won't graze it well. They eat just enough to come back to the gate and hang around. And most of them have been born since that time so how do they know????

Bad karma?

Awhile back I thought that I'd kill two birds with one stone and let a few small steers out to take care of the grass along the drive and yard...
Didn't know cows like roses.
Susie set a new standard when it comes to future trimmings...took some work to convince her that the manure was good for the bushes...jury still out on that one.
Always something to give a fella a reason to get up in the morning..
DMc

Latest posts