Guess I'll never stop learning

Help Support CattleToday:

Splash

Reaction score
After buying a new chute and setting it in place, I went to the back of the property but left the head gate open (it was in automatic catch mode). When I returned about 20 minutes later, one of the young heifers had gotten nosy.

I guess the catch works.

She didn't seem bothered at all. After releasing her and a quick laugh, figured it was a learning moment - more for me than her.

:lol: I used to leave mine open until one cow walked thru it to the back of the barn and got locked in a stall. I've learned to close all entrances.

Had the same thing happen once.What's fun is when one jumps through the old homemade wooden type and hangs in front of the hips and behind the ribs.Getting that pivot bolt out is a job.

I would have gave her a second round of wormer while there and then released. THose auto head gates work good, especially if you are by yourself.

20171012_103426.jpg

That's a hoot. Goes with the territory when they're super gentle. :lol:
Had the same thing happen once.What's fun is when one jumps through the old homemade wooden type and hangs in front of the hips and behind the ribs.Getting that pivot bolt out is a job.
Go ya one better...decades ago had one hit the home made wooden head gate (in the middle of no where of course) like a rocket. Ripped it off the old posts with it hanging off her neck and ran around the very ancient, precarious field fence "corral" at mach speed. Bit of a challenge to dodge the wreck while simulataneously untying the saddle horses. :pop:

Here's one of my dummies... I had just put up more divider bars in the feed bunk, I looked and thought "That's the right size to get a head stuck in".. so off I go to find another piece of 2x4 to fill it in... I was right, as I got back, someone had to get stuck in it within 5 minutes
[youtube]https://youtu.be/QCOiJvFFcbY[/youtube]

Nesikep":6p11uad2 said:
Here's one of my dummies... I had just put up more divider bars in the feed bunk, I looked and thought "That's the right size to get a head stuck in".. so off I go to find another piece of 2x4 to fill it in... I was right, as I got back, someone had to get stuck in it within 5 minutes
[youtube]https://youtu.be/QCOiJvFFcbY[/youtube]

That's funny right there.

Amazing how quick they can get themselves into something.

Son left the equipment barn open one morning while hunting. By the time we got back a couple of hours later, the barn was full of cows. There was more sh-- than floor by that time! It was even on some of the walls as they slipped and splashed it!

dang, going to have to call 2 vets now!

I've been collecting pictures of cows in funny predicaments.. one of them wtih a tire feeder arounds it's midsection, another stuck between 2 rows of round bale, heads stuck in buckets.. etc

jltrent":2bg6z79d said:
You can't trust any of them.........

kung-fu-cow-gif-finder-8211-find-and-share-funny-animated-gifs.gif

That is amazing that she was not immediately knocked unconscious.

It would be interesting to see a bit longer version of that video. Lol. I bet her jaw is broke.

Latest posts