Guernsey Murray Grey Cross

Help Support CattleToday:

EllieJ

Reaction score
Over the last two and a half years, I have had two calves from the same guernsey cow (Dessie) and the same Murray Grey bull (OK Boomer), but they look completly different. You wouldn't even guess that they are related. The first picture is of their mother: Dessie.
IMG_1053_zps1326839f.jpg

The second is of her son, a 2 1/2 year old steer. He is shown as a yearling.
88f858dd.jpg

The final photo is of her heifer calf from last year. She is shown at 2 days old.
IMG_2327_zps8d141889.jpg

That is a cute little heifer there.
I AI'd my Jersey nurse cow this year to an MG bull. I think Keren posted some pics a while back of that cross. Looked to be some pretty decent beeves.

I also have a jersey heifer that was bred by live cover this fall by a 7/8 Murray Grey and a 1/8 Angus bull.
This first picture is of the bull at 18 months: OK Apache
IMG_0366_zps1fe27dcb.jpg

The next photo is of the jersey heifer when she was a yearling.
IMG_0037_zps98034eb5.jpg

I was wondering if anybody might have some semen from an "old world" jersey bull for the jersey that is shown. If you do could you please reply and attach a picture of that bull? Thanks!

The two guernsey murray grey crosses still live on our ranch, for now. The heifer, BB Jewel, was born 4-23-12, and the so DS, was born on 4-1-11. Sadly, the mother did not breed back and she had to go last year. BB Jewel will probably stay in our herd for a LONG time since she has quite the personality and is my COMPLETE favorite. And DS is 2 and a little furthur and will probably be going in this fall since he is a steer. The guernsey, Dessie came from a place in Oklahoma and was sold for the cheap since she had a quarter that went blind.

BB Jewel, the heifer, has always been my friend. She is the guernsey murray grey heifer that was born 4-23-12. This is when I knew that we would never want to spend to much time apart:
IMG_2995_zps55be5b92.jpg

Looks like they eat the shirt right off your back... just like my calves... I've got a couple faves this year of mine that are like fat 500 lb kittens trying to get between your legs and play

Latest posts