guardrail -- price, location, spacing?

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75

Reaction score
Guardrail.

Anyone know of any around OHIO?

I found some 12.5' pcs. for 38.00 each. decent price?

How much space should I leave between my feed wall and the guardrail?

:cowboy:

New guardrail 13.5' pieces are $45 here in Mn = $3.33 ft so you're 29 cents a foot lower at 3.04
Used is about 1/2 price when you can find it, depends on how much work to disassemble and it's condition.

I believe the rule of thumb for all spacing is:
Wide enough for a cow, calf, steer or whatever to put their head through sideways, yet tight enough that they hang
themselves when unable to figure out how to get back out. :)

i found another place with used 13.5' sections 39 / each or 2.90/ft

it's a little closer as well.. only 1.2 hrs away.

So three rails and you're in for $9/ft on the guardrail alone. You can buy high pressure continuous fencing for considerably less per foot(almost half), AND you can climb it without killing yourself when being chased/harassed. Just my $.02, so take it for what it's worth..

Farm Fence Solutions":1e1n4p13 said:
So three rails and you're in for $9/ft on the guardrail alone. You can buy high pressure continuous fencing for considerably less per foot(almost half), AND you can climb it without killing yourself when being chased/harassed. Just my $.02, so take it for what it's worth..

where can i get that type of fence panel?

this is for over top of a feed wall, but i'd like some of those panels for lanes.

ddd75":20yylbuq said:
Farm Fence Solutions":20yylbuq said:

this is for over top of a feed wall, but i'd like some of those panels for lanes.

http://www.cbfarmoutdoors.com
They have them. I would like to get some of the continuous panels and re-do my alley and holding pen. Iam tired of replacing broke wood boards every time I work cattle.

pricefarm":32flqn8u said:
ddd75":32flqn8u said:
Farm Fence Solutions":32flqn8u said:

They have them. I would like to get some of the continuous panels and re-do my alley and holding pen. Iam tired of replacing broke wood boards every time I work cattle.

wow, they have excellent pricing on everything.

pricefarm":h3pvqwgh said:
ddd75":h3pvqwgh said:
Farm Fence Solutions":h3pvqwgh said:

I'm not sure just how 'high pressure' those would be, but I've never used them either.
How far apart do they recommend the posts be?
As good as Preifert rough stock or Premier panels?

ddd75":3n9r15m6 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3n9r15m6 said:

We are out of them right now, but that is something we normally stock. Should have more soon.

ddd75":1w2vgdvo said:
pricefarm":1w2vgdvo said:
ddd75":1w2vgdvo said:

wow, they have excellent pricing on everything.

I have never bought from them but might make the trip out there this winter. Wanting to rebuild my corral and get a squeeze chute with some scales.

Farm Fence Solutions":230qfa19 said:
ddd75":230qfa19 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":230qfa19 said:

We are out of them right now, but that is something we normally stock. Should have more soon.

How much are the panels you carry?

Latest posts