Guard rail $

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT":12za3z4v said:
Brute 23":12za3z4v said:
For pens? That got popular for a brief moment until people started seeing how it would slice a cow open.
Yes Sir,
that's why I don't use it, bad stuff if they hit the back side very hard or even worse get a leg between two rails. It will do some cutting.

:nod:

RanchMan90":1f8h744g said:
I've got access to about 600 ft of guard rail from an individual for $1 a ft. Is this a fair price?

That's a bargain. Forget about the rest of the posts. Buy it.

backhoeboogie":2a7moqlu said:
RanchMan90":2a7moqlu said:
I've got access to about 600 ft of guard rail from an individual for $1 a ft. Is this a fair price?

That's a bargain. Forget about the rest of the posts. Buy it.
That's a plan, if info ain't what you want to hear just forget it, that always work out well. After all it would make for a good thread with some nice pictures if you get one cut up.
as for the price they are CHEAP don't know any place you can buy it for 1.00 a foot. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones and never have a problem.
Our lots at the meat packing house that I use to work for were mad out of the old runway planks. I thought they were the way to go , but don't know where you can find them at worth the money.

Jump on it at 1.00 a ft it's a steal!

We installed it about three years ago and have no regrets. To be honest we are still tweaking the pens but are really happy with the guardrail. We have worked several hundred head through the pens and have had one unexplained cut.

Gizmom

We have had our for nearly 3 years with only one issue.....This past weekend it was nice out and 6 of my bulls were playing one on side (the side with the edges) and they fell through it! Considering that would be just about 6 tons hitting it, I'm surprised the damage wasn't worse! We bolted it back together and will replace the posts in the spring. Not a scratch on the bulls in either pens from this fiasco. I think the stuff is great!

Boot Jack Bulls":2olrxf9i said:
We have had our for nearly 3 years with only one issue.....This past weekend it was nice out and 6 of my bulls were playing one on side (the side with the edges) and they fell through it! Considering that would be just about 6 tons hitting it, I'm surprised the damage wasn't worse! We bolted it back together and will replace the posts in the spring. Not a scratch on the bulls in either pens from this fiasco. I think the stuff is great!

You need to fire the welder.

True Grit, ours is not welded. It is bolted in 24 foot sections. We need to be able to remove sections at will, so welding is not the best option for us. Since metal fence is not common up here, a mobile welder or a crew with one is also not common. At some point, I would prefer it to just bust loose anyway. I would rather have 24 feet down, rather than the 300 plus feet that some of our sections run.

Latest posts