Growing new generation.

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
Took pics a few days ago of some cattle, Here are two with our Limo bull. He's 21 months old. Well, I know that he isn't very impressive, but should give nice calves in our crossbred herd. We bought him for 1578EUR, so don't need to want something special from him.
2013_10280004.JPG

2013_10280003.JPG

Pic of 3/4 Limousine cow. She produced white calf this year. Sire was 1/2 Angus. :eek:
2013_10280001.JPG

32 months old heifer. Due to Angus bull, on 14th November. She'll start new calving season.
2013_10280007.JPG

And the last pic of heifer. She's out of 1/2 Angus cow, by 1/2Angus, 3/8 Charolais bull. Colour was unexpected, because another 1/2 Angus cow has black bull calf.
2013_10280009.JPG

Thank you. :) Yes, heifer is definitely good, just maybe abit light- boned, like her dam. But she's big ~ 1650lbs now and very gentle, like her dam too. Will tell when she'll calve.

Heifer calved yesterday in the morning. My mum found her calving. First she was trying to calve standing, but later lied down. Parents pulled the calf, but the bull calf was already dead. Calf was sired by an AI Angus bull. Calf's birth weight 119lbs.

Thank you all.
Yes, it was too big to her, but if my parents pulled calf alone using rope, it means it wasn't extremely hard calving, but she wasn't able to do it alone. I wonder how big calves she is going to produce in the future when she'll be a cow. I was shocked when parents told what weight was of that calf, especialy that it was sired by Angus. Angus we use here for heifers that they gives smaller calves, but now I'm not sure about that.
It's a link about that Angus bull.
http://www.naturalgenetics.cz/DOC_SEMEN ... _Offer.pdf
Calf had plenty of meat and looked really good. It's sad, he was able to grow up into nice bull, because his father has good growth. We are waiting for 2-3 more calves by an AI Angus bull, but they all are by another bull.

Latest posts