Group photo

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Thought I would share. I was out first this morning and saw this little group together, had my phone with me so I thought they would make a cute pic..

8 of my little cuties...The shed behind them has all the good stuff like second cut hay ,diatomaceous earth and calf starter in it for them so they like to hang out around it.. ;-)

IMGP0958.jpg

My week drought is over ,I finally had a bull calf born last night so now 17 to go.. :banana:

Thanks everyone. I did have 13 heifers in that group to begin with but my cell does not take very good pics so while I was trying to get the best pic 5 ran off including Valentine my Feb.14 baby who's mom had the uterine prolapse (mom is doing phenomenal BTW)..

Big Bull how did your know they were all girls.. The pink tags are purebreds and the red tags are commercial heifers.

I like the darker chocolatly brown one on the end...but they're all cute

K2011":2xitzpra said:
I like the darker chocolatly brown one on the end...but they're all cute

K2011 she is actually dark grey in person. Her dam is supposed to be a Homozygous black Gelbvieh so even though her sire is red she should be turning black soon. He other 4 siblings are all black now and one was dark grey at her age as well and turned black at about 5 months old so she should as well.

Nice looking calves. Don't think I could ever get used to the snow, but the calves are nice. I love you expensive stop block to not let bigger cows get in the shed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cypressfarms":ctxkhfnm said:
I love you expensive stop block to not let bigger cows get in the shed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I noticed that too, very classy set-up. That goes hand-in-hand with a couple of round bale feeders I have......a couple of old truck beds with liners
:lol2:

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":3di4yufs said:
cypressfarms":3di4yufs said:
I love you expensive stop block to not let bigger cows get in the shed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I noticed that too, very classy set-up. That goes hand-in-hand with a couple of round bale feeders I have......a couple of old truck beds with liners
:lol2:

Katherine

That little shed was the only structure in this area when we bought the place. We built a pole shed a couple of years after we moved here and I noticed that the "babies" still loved going into that little shed, so I decided to block it off and put calf starter and the really good hay in it for them .But every once and a while you get the sh@t head that breaks through to get at it so the board gets replaced often. My real creep feeder is on the other pasture for all the other calves as there is not a little cutesy shed like this one.. ;-)

Here is our pole barn..It has power, lights, pretty much all the bells and whistles ,different pens if needed and the camera just needs to be mounted..For those of you that know the oil field you might recognize what the poles used to be... :cowboy:

IMGP0959.jpg

Thats a good looking group of calves. I am kinda partial to that black nosed one on the end though.

I don't know Hillsdown, they look kinda shady to me. I have to believe they are up to no good. Those sre not the faces of Angels.

3waycross":14eayojt said:
I don't know Hillsdown, they look kinda shady to me. I have to believe they are up to no good. Those sre not the faces of Angels.

Yep, those darn Gelbvieh's, they look sweet and innocent but can be real h@ll raisers.. ;-) That little group is really bad they follow you out of the gate when you leave. I think they would follow me all the way to the house if I let them.. :lol2:

Latest posts