Grounds for immediate removal...

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
20201004_172748.jpgI have been having he- double L with this water trough and I think I know why. 🤬 I dont care what breeding or how good a calf or any any of that... this is cause for immediate removal. She was literally trying to get her head under the float to drink the water right as it was coming out.

I'm way behind on getting calves off that place and they are tearing every thing up over there. It looks like a tornado goes thru there every time I come back. If they can flip it over or break it... they will.

We have Richie water fountains in our cattle confinement. Used to have Richie frost free fountains until the fats pushed the balls out of the way and stood in the fountain. They did it enough that they cracked the bottom. The new fountains have steal frames built around them so the cattle can't crawl in.

@brute...That reminds me, I have a float leaking again...didn't have the tools to fix it when I found it and never got back....

I had a cow that had three calves straight on the wrong of fence. I guess she backed up to fence to calve. I got to the first two in time and they made it. The last one I was too late and lost it. Sold her shortly after. What are the odds????

I had a cow that had three calves straight on the wrong of fence. I guess she backed up to fence to calve. I got to the first two in time and they made it. The last one I was too late and lost it. Sold her shortly after. What are the odds????
Was she a "Screamer" ? (That's what we call them) Cows that scream there head off at a new born calf, make it stand up, then knock it down, and repeat. We've had them shove calves under fences.
I'm convinced screamers are genetic. I have followed the lines and culled them out of our herd.

Never had one like that, she was a great momma cow once she could get to calf. Raised good calves. She had the first two within ten feet of each other. I found them within a hour. The last one that died must have been on wrong side of fence most of the day.

View attachment 142I have been having he- double L with this water trough and I think I know why. 🤬 I dont care what breeding or how good a calf or any any of that... this is cause for immediate removal. She was literally trying to get her head under the float to drink the water right as it was coming out.

I'm way behind on getting calves off that place and they are tearing every thing up over there. It looks like a tornado goes thru there every time I come back. If they can flip it over or break it... they will.
exposed pvc and livestock? yikes!

I actually had this very thing happen once, smh...what a mess...only thing different was we were in west tennessee and the tree was lot taller. Saw got pinched half thru and when I chained to the tree with my truck I didn't compensate for the height...right before it hit me dead center it spun off to the left. And I thought the cow was stupid...