Ground Breaking

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Today was the ground breaking for the new Ag Center at the fairgrounds, will be ready before next years county fair.

Nice! The Lamar Dixon Center outside Baton Rouge is one of the real revenue engines of our economy.

Workinonit Farm":27b67330 said:
That's great!!! Nice to know that Ag is still alive and thriving, somewhere.

I was in the barber shop this morning and opened a National Geographic and in it was an article from Cargill stating that by 2050 91% of the people would be living in the urban areas. They also stated they were in the process of pushing sustainable agricultural and would be helping large operations, small farmers, and urban farmers to produce food. Also they would try to have the borders open so food could move any where in the world without any interference. I know that here in Wood County that in the fifties there was a cornucopia of food stuff being produced. Now only grass and cows.

hurleyjd":28mu8b6l said:
Workinonit Farm":28mu8b6l said:
That's great!!! Nice to know that Ag is still alive and thriving, somewhere.

I was in the barber shop this morning and opened a National Geographic and in it was an article from Cargill stating that by 2050 91% of the people would be living in the urban areas. They also stated they were in the process of pushing sustainable agricultural and would be helping large operations, small farmers, and urban farmers to produce food. Also they would try to have the borders open so food could move any where in the world without any interference. I know that here in Wood County that in the fifties there was a cornucopia of food stuff being produced. Now only grass and cows.

Dairy used to be pretty big around here, along with many folks raising hogs (not vertical integrated). In "the valley" (Shenandoah Valley) there's still a fair amount of dairy and many, many poultry houses and hogs (vertical integrated). In my area, more subdivisions & shopping centers and quite a few vinyards, wineries and breweries popping up. still a fair amount of folks like me, small herds cattle and lots of hay.