Gripple contractor tool

Help Support CattleToday:

bball":1fhvxoz9 said:
callmefence":1fhvxoz9 said:

I will never use a ratchet strap again!
You'd be amazed how many people show up to buy a trailer load of posts and wire, and don't bring any straps. I've boomed down plenty of loads with Gripples and wire. :lol:

I haven't reused a gripple yet, but I'm assuming a gripple is reusable after an impromptu ratchet strap use.

Yes. Reusable. The release tool is stuck into a little fastener on your tensioning tool. Just a piece of plastic with a wire sticking out of it. (you do need to release the tension off the wire first)
Them furriners thought of everything it seems.

Bigfoot":ldhns7s4 said:
I haven't reused a gripple yet, but I'm assuming a gripple is reusable after an impromptu ratchet strap use.

Yes as Greybeard mentioned. Or you can just cut the wire on each side and pull it through.
Fwiw. There was a fit throwing looking for my short rachet straps before improvising with the gripples.

I have a unique access to a pasture that I need to rebuild. The east 1/2 of the property is brome grass and the west 1/2 is native pasture. There is no access to the west side without crossing a ditch and the brome. Years ago someone built a lane along the south side of the east 1/2 with it opening west into the pasture. The lane hasn't been maintained and the last owner borrowed portable panels-lots and lots of panels and lined the lane east to the corral when he gathered.
All I am aware of around here is Stay-Tuff fencing and that's what I was going to use. This topic has been really interesting and I'd like to know if Stay-Tuff fencing isn't maybe the best choice and I need to try harder to find something better. It's going to take 3 rolls at 660ft each of high tinsel wire to re-build this lane.

Chocolate Cow2":28ify4av said:
I have a unique access to a pasture that I need to rebuild. The east 1/2 of the property is brome grass and the west 1/2 is native pasture. There is no access to the west side without crossing a ditch and the brome. Years ago someone built a lane along the south side of the east 1/2 with it opening west into the pasture. The lane hasn't been maintained and the last owner borrowed portable panels-lots and lots of panels and lined the lane east to the corral when he gathered.
All I am aware of around here is Stay-Tuff fencing and that's what I was going to use. This topic has been really interesting and I'd like to know if Stay-Tuff fencing isn't maybe the best choice and I need to try harder to find something better. It's going to take 3 rolls at 660ft each of high tinsel wire to re-build this lane.

Where are you located? Something better might be closer(or easily shipped) than you think. ;-)

ez14.":29qb3tbk said:
Farm fence solutions I'm still waiting on that shipping quote call

The boss said that she's tried to call several times, but gets an odd recording. Shipping quote is $120.

Chocolate Cow2":18p0dkgd said:
north central kansas
an hour west of Salina. 35 miles east of Hays.

That part of the country generally has decent shipping rates. I'd be glad to quote an order for you, if you'd like.

Farm Fence Solutions":u329veuu said:
ez14.":u329veuu said:

The boss said that she's tried to call several times, but gets an odd recording. Shipping quote is $120.
Oh :???: don't know why that is! You can send me the bill and I'll have a check coming shortly

ez14.":h365ttk2 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":h365ttk2 said:
ez14.":h365ttk2 said:

Oh :???: don't know why that is! You can send me the bill and I'll have a check coming shortly
She went ahead and mailed it when she couldn't catch you on the phone. :nod: Thanks again.

Farm Fence Solutions":22raocn7 said:
ez14.":22raocn7 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":22raocn7 said:
She went ahead and mailed it when she couldn't catch you on the phone. :nod: Thanks again.
ok sounds good

Farm Fence Solutions....Thank You for the offer. I spoke for 3 rolls of StayTuff from a local Mom & Pop place and I want to keep my word with them. You answered my question about there being something better. I'll know better next time.

Chocolate Cow2":ra1895yr said:
Farm Fence Solutions....Thank You for the offer. I spoke for 3 rolls of StayTuff from a local Mom & Pop place and I want to keep my word with them. You answered my question about there being something better. I'll know better next time.

No problem. You could do a whole lot worse than Stay Tuff, and I'm sure that you'll get along fine with it.