grilled squash and zucchini recipes needed

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
Do I cut them in coins or length wise ?
Lay them on the grill or seal in foil ?
What do I season them with ?

The last ones I did I cut into coins salt pepper and dapped each with butter and directly on the grill
and it was bland

I make a medley with potatoes, onions or anything else you like. Chunk everything up and season with butter, bacon strips, garlic, black pepper and salt. Wrap tightly in foil and place over medium heat. Takes somewhere around half an hour to be ready.

Slice em hard on the bias about 3/8 in thick, they should be slices about 5 in long or so. Put em in a big ziplock and pour in a little olive oil then shake the bag till they are all coated with oil.

Then lay em on the grill and dust with Lawry's seasoning salt when you turn them dust the other side. They will get kind of translucent with some nice char marks and they are done.

Good luck!

Just throw them on the barbe with some salt, butter, and a couple pounds of steak.
9417961994_b1570dc504_z.jpg

3waycross":3snag7c7 said:
Slice em hard on the bias about 3/8 in thick, they should be slices about 5 in long or so. Put em in a big ziplock and pour in a little olive oil then shake the bag till they are all coated with oil.

Then lay em on the grill and dust with Lawry's seasoning salt when you turn them dust the other side. They will get kind of translucent with some nice char marks and they are done.

Good luck!

We do it about this way, but using garlic salt and Italian seasoning instead of the Lawry's. Will have to try the Lawry's. Slick's method sounds good, too.

The best recipes for squach and zuccini is feed it to a pig and eat the pig.

3waycross":1rirw351 said:

Good luck!
They were incredible, absolutely delicious !!! Can't wait to try that when we get home :tiphat:

I love squash. I have put up tons of it this year. I like it two ways......sautéed in butter with garlic, salt and pepper with a bit of onion. I like them sautéed until they are about mush and the onions carmalize and serve over white rice with fresh maters and a slab of venison. I alslo like squash casserole. Coined, boiled until soft, mashed like potatoes and placed in a baking pan on a crust of crushed saltine crackers. Season with salt, pepper and garlic, add butter and top with another layer of crushed crackers. Bake until golden brown and then add grated cheddar cheese on top. Excellent eating!

My bunch likes fried zuchinni but life is too short to stand there and dredge and drench all them little slices one by one. So I shred the zuke, add about 1/2 cup Bisquick and an egg, season, and fry as fritters.

Grilled is outstanding, too, and even easier. A little olive oil and some seasoning. Garlic-infused olive oil is the bomb!

Hoss, your casserole sounds good.