Grill Bill

Help Support CattleToday:

Requescat

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I moved to a new house and now I have some free place in my backyard, and I can afford a grill for myself and my family. Insofar as I'm a newbie, and I don't have enough experience and skills I decided to create a new thread and ask you for advice. I've been searching info about grills for a week and I've found some gas grills I like.
Char-Broil, Coleman, Weber. What do you think about them? Have you experienced with them?
My father has elderly Coleman, it's not awesome, but still a quite good grill. I haven't faced other grills and don't know about them much.
I know that Weber has very good smokers, what about grills? :)

Built my own out of oilfield casing about 1979 so I can't help much with store bought ones but if price is important......
I was at my sister's today and they were grilling burgers on a Charbroil brand they bought about 5 years ago. I was there the day they got it and put it together and at the time, I didn't think it would last 1 year..I was wrong. Wood and charcoal..not gas.
Nothing fancy and I see they run about $100 at Amazon now but evidently hold up better than I thought they would.

I have a shop made charcoal grill that does a really good job grilling. Also have a Ducane propane grill that we've had close to 20 years that works well too but doesn't give the flavor of the charcoal grill.

TexasBred said:
I have a shop made charcoal grill that does a really good job grilling. Also have a Ducane propane grill that we've had close to 20 years that works well too but doesn't give the flavor of the charcoal grill.
Hank Hill approves this message.............with some reservations..

greybeard said:
TexasBred said:
Hank Hill approves this message.............with some reservations..

Dim wit here GB. No idea who Hank Hill even is

I use Weber and I feel great with this buying. It's movable, that's important for me. There is enough place on shelves for my dishes and other staff. It's powerful and easy to use, and safe, I didn't burn my hands anytime since buying this grill.

Personally I prefer the gas and charcoal smoker combo. I say this as its the easiest way to keep the hubby happy as well as myself. We grill from different ends of the spectrum so to speak. Other wise its back to his and her grills.
I like beef on charcoal as well as gas, but chicken I prefer charcoal with the option for smoke. Pork well we really don't eat much of it unless its bacon or sausage or a tender loin in which I stuff , slice, butterfly, or make into a wellington.
Some meats I like charcoal cooking the best, gas is for quick get it done stuff. There just isn't anything better then a nice smoked chicken breast. This is where the hubby and I disagree. Love the man to death, but he will cook a chicken to death and not get an once of smoke on it. To high , to long, and not enough basting to keep it moist.
Just my two cents.

Latest posts