Greybeard

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":3hdbz8vc said:
looks similar to our chesapeake bay bridge here it is right on the water like 2 feet away from top of water and lil rails on the side

Been over that Chesapeake bridge a few times. I actually like it, its different from any other bridges I've been over. :lol2:

I remember being on the George Washington bridge one time, traffic backed up to a standstill, and you could feel that thing slowly swaying and rocking....it gave me the willies! THAT was a bit scary.

Katherine

TexasBred":3ke61nu9 said:
Here's a road not far from my birthplace you guys need to travel sometimes if you ever have the chance. I'd take a bicycle.

http://www.ssqq.com/archive/vinlin27b.htm

Isn't that one of the roads that the TV show "Ice Road Truckers, Deadliest Roads" featured? I know I wouldn't travel that road by car, truck, bike, donkey or foot!

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":3fzep3oa said:
skyhightree1":3fzep3oa said:
looks similar to our chesapeake bay bridge here it is right on the water like 2 feet away from top of water and lil rails on the side

Been over that Chesapeake bridge a few times. I actually like it, its different from any other bridges I've been over. :lol2:

I remember being on the George Washington bridge one time, traffic backed up to a standstill, and you could feel that thing slowly swaying and rocking....it gave me the willies! THAT was a bit scary.

Katherine

I do not like that bridge either and if its wet feels like you are sliding all over the place on that bridge.

skyhightree1":2yfxknv3 said:
Workinonit Farm":2yfxknv3 said:

Katherine

I do not like that bridge either and if its wet feels like you are sliding all over the place on that bridge.

Probably were sliding, with all the grease and oils and spent rubber on the road surface :lol2: . That would be a pretty creepy feeling as well.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":1qhrxstf said:
TexasBred":1qhrxstf said:
Here's a road not far from my birthplace you guys need to travel sometimes if you ever have the chance. I'd take a bicycle.

http://www.ssqq.com/archive/vinlin27b.htm

Isn't that one of the roads that the TV show "Ice Road Truckers, Deadliest Roads" featured? I know I wouldn't travel that road by car, truck, bike, donkey or foot!

Katherine

The one I saw them on was over in India....but dangerous as well.

That Varina bridge is an interesting piece of architecture. Where exactly is that one? We have friends in Colonial Beach, which is closer to you and PDFAngus.

Katherine

The Varina Enon bridge is located between Henrico County and Chesterfield County .. Colonial Beach is closer to PDFAngus than myself the bridge does look nice but its high and scary.

Latest posts