greybeard

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks all.
Today coincides with a nephew's son's H.S. graduation BBQ and crawfish boil so I'll be leaving in a little while for it over in Liberty. Should be a good time for all....except my wallet....

kenny thomas said:
Happy Birthday. Remember you can't eat as much as you once could.
It's kinda like what they say about sex tho.

I may not always be able to eat as much as I once could but I can eat once as much as I ever could...and I did.
Don't know why my pictures all came out bluish tinted..
The last of the bugs...Purged and ready

OWW OWW IT'S HOT IT'S HOT!!! YOU'RE TURNING MY SKIN RED!!

and of course..

Nephew carving the smoked brisket..it was beyond perfect.

Had bbq chicken and smoked sausage as well..along with all kinds of sides and desserts.

Only downside..
We were in my nephew's shop, and he has a really nice big shop with a 20x20 covered and concrete slab area in the front of the shop. Tho the drive thru doors were open and had 3-4 fans blowing, it was a sweat box in that shop for me and we were there from about 3pm until 9pm. I do pretty good out working and moving around in the mid day and hot afternoons, but just sitting around in the humid heat isn't something I want to do anytime soon. Still, it was a good day!

When we got the invitation and I saw the date, I had told all my family I would come on one condition. It was to be strictly a graduation celebration for the young man, and not a birthday party for me thrown in with it. I them too well. I've had 69 birthdays and will probably have a few more (and if I don't, that's fine too) but that boy will graduate from high school only once in his life...this was his day.

Latest posts