Greenhouses?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
My wife has always wanted a small greenhouse. I see some of these small ones, say 8' x 10', are they worth the money?
Thought about doing something ourselves but wondered what is the best. How long does the plastic hold up?

Ours is an 8x16 from a kit and about 5 years old. We're glad it's that big, cuz' with the benches down the sides you lose too much floor space when you make a path to walk to water and etc. It's like a machine shed, never big enough. It's made of plastic framing and the newer panels that are made of plastic, I forget what you call them. A few panels have blown out in storms, but I've found that a roll of Pella window tape solves all. If I was gonna' build a new one, I would probably use it at the start. I built it in my garage one Sat. with an 18 pack for help in about 8 hours, and called four friends and we picked it up and set it on the site. Gotta' build it where there's no wind. We found it in Farm-Tech catalog, lots to choose from. PM me it you want some more details. gs