Green Springs Performance Tested Bull Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Lots of Deals to be had at this one today!!

Just got back a few minutes ago. Too bad I wasn't looking for an Angus bull. Could've had my pick of quite a few of them for less than $1500.

El_Putzo":3naenvwn said:

Just got back a few minutes ago. Too bad I wasn't looking for an Angus bull. Could've had my pick of quite a few of them for less than $1500.

Didn't you have a couple on test?
How did the LJR's sell?
Did you notice a price difference in the + or - RFI cattle, and 1 other thing I saw in catalog their was quite a spread in frame sizes, what sold better 5 or 7 frames?
DFF

What I noticed was that the data didn't mean anything. Some bulls with poor data brought more than bulls with good data. Overall, tough sale.

Don't be discouraged if you're not getting the prices you expect right now. IMO, it takes a while to establish a sale and then there seems to be a cycle. First people will come and buy bulls because they're reasonably priced and have the data. As more people come to the sale, prices go up. It seems like eventually prices get too high and people stop coming. Prices go down and people realize they can get a good bull for a reasonable price and the cycle seems to start again.

DFF":28foiom2 said:
El_Putzo":28foiom2 said:

Didn't you have a couple on test?
How did the LJR's sell?
Did you notice a price difference in the + or - RFI cattle, and 1 other thing I saw in catalog their was quite a spread in frame sizes, what sold better 5 or 7 frames?
DFF

I did have 2 on test but they were just coming off test the friday before the sale. They will be in next springs sale as 18 month olds, provided I don't sell them at home first. Journagan had the only 2 herfs in the offering. According to the other breeds, they sold well. $1900 and $1700 respectively. Not bad for 14 month olds. I didn't notice much of a price difference in the + or - RFI bulls, only that the bulls that were not tested for RFI were much cheaper. Frame size didn't seem to matter much either.

Consequently, my 2 bulls finished up at about -1.5 RFI. Hopefully that means something to somebody next spring. Both were out of my cleanup bull who is a full brother to LLL Affirmative 56N. They grew similarly but not outrageously. Still waiting on the scan data.

Latest posts