Green Inauguration

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnmtranching

Reaction score
This just struck me as kinda funny. First of all this was on Fox News, not something you will hear on the mainstream.

The Obama administration is "GREEN" right? So they are going to have people walking behind the horses quickly scooping up the pooo and will take it to the country and use it as fertilizer.

But there will be thousands of private aircraft, causing a traffic problem at the area airports.

These people, supporters and campaign workers, those that gave substantial $ to support the campaign, Democrat congressmen, governors, senators, judges, etc, etc, etc. will arrive in private jets and other aircraft. Once they get to the airports limousines, will pick them up. OK, OK :roll: as long as they pick up that pooo. :lol2:

You are forgetting mnmtranching ............

Its only the poo that they are trying to get rid of. The thousands of aircraft and other gas-guzzlers are ok just this one time. :roll: :roll:

After the inauguration, everyone will be back to normal and revert back to hating anything that does not fit the Green theme as they identify it.

Its only when OTHERS drive gas guzzlers, allow their cattle to pollute the atmosphere with methane, and leave their poo on the planet that sends them into orbit about their so called Green agenda. :nod:

Maybe if the weather man is accurate; that front that is coming in will leave everything a nice,crisp, and clean white. Then the poo is covered up and everyone's happy again. ;-)

See how easy that is to fix?

P.S. If you attend the festivities; please wipe the cow poo off your boots before you leave home to go to DC. We don't want our fellow cattlemen to get a bad name because of some cow poo left on a clean DC street.

(Just joking buddy........)

Good post. :clap:

HUS

Read somewhere that police are coming from all over the country and being sworn in as temporary DC officers. Security force is suppose to top 40,000, more troops than Afghanistan they said. Wonder what the price tag is?

There certainly is a lot of poo that needs to be shoveled up there, but it isn't coming from the animals! :help:

It's standard procedure to have pooper scoopers in a parade with horses. It keeps the marching bands in step.
Yes, the green movement is about regulating that guy over there. Never about looking in the mirror.

tom4018":2pnaqywk said:
Read somewhere that police are coming from all over the country and being sworn in as temporary DC officers. Security force is suppose to top 40,000, more troops than Afghanistan they said. Wonder what the price tag is?

"W" cost 40 mil. Barack will cost the tx payers 100 mil min. But it will be money well spent :cry2: at this time. :???:

john250":10fzivz9 said:
It's standard procedure to have pooper scoopers in a parade with horses. It keeps the marching bands in step.
Yes, the green movement is about regulating that guy over there. Never about looking in the mirror.

I for one am very glad that's standard! :cowboy: Won't be long and you will be walking behind your cows with that scooper. :banana:

The irony of the Green movement would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious a problem. Hus said it well. By regulating the OTHERS they can feel good about their own excesses. If you think about it, we in the agricultrural community do more good for the environment than any of these people ever thought about doing. We live it. They only talk it and I've always heard that actions speak louder than words. Its just unfortunate that the folks up there around the House of Chocalate are too fixated on greed to listen.

Jogeephus":1xu70m87 said:
The irony of the Green movement would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious a problem. Hus said it well. By regulating the OTHERS they can feel good about their own excesses. If you think about it, we in the agricultrural community do more good for the environment than any of these people ever thought about doing. We live it. They only talk it and I've always heard that actions speak louder than words. Its just unfortunate that the folks up there around the House of Chocalate are too fixated on greed to listen.
A big Amen to that. The green movement is about regulation of productive activity. No surprise that the most outspoken greens work in the regulation biz.

Team Obama says reducing the carbon-dioxide emissions that result from burning fossil fuels will be a priority, and some careless talk suggests his EPA will eschew carrots for the punitive stick of regulation and taxes. Now the good people over at the Institute for Liberty have punched back with a carbon-footprint estimate for the Obama inauguration itself.

Using data from the EPA, environmentalist organizations, and various news accounts, the group estimates more than 500 million pounds of CO2 will be released during the four-day inaugural festivities. Among the offenders:

The 600 private jets expected to fly visitors to and from the event will produce 25,320,000 pounds of CO2.
Personal vehicles could account for 262,483,200 pounds of CO2.
The horses in the parade will produce more than 400 pounds of CO2.
And if you don't have an idea what a pound of CO2 really means, consider this: The average household would take 57,598 years to produce as much CO2 as Obama's inauguration.

Its warnings about the huge carbon footprint notwithstanding, the Institute for Liberty stresses that it doesn't mean to rain on Obama's parade. "We don't believe this [CO2 production] is a problem," says the group's president, Andrew Langer. "We believe people should use energy. But the point is, if Obama's administration is going to go after small business for its carbon footprint, then maybe they should look at themselves first."

Still, Langer admits the study isn't entirely accurate. "We haven't looked at the methane or CO2 that will be expended by people standing on the mall," he says.

john250":1au9rg2c said:
Jogeephus":1au9rg2c said:
A big Amen to that. The green movement is about regulation of productive activity. No surprise that the most outspoken greens work in the regulation biz.

I've noticed the same thing. I guess they are creating a job for themselves. Have you ever seen any statistics on these people. I wish I could find it but many are simply trust fund children with nothing to do. Seems this gives them a purpose. I know one of these people personally. He wanted me to go to Belize with him and look at the trees. I told him I had to work - plant trees to be precise. When he came back he was all about exploiting the natives for cheap labor so he could buy up a lot of land and timber and work naval stores. To him it seemed it was OK to exploit a human being and pay them a slave wage as long as he could work gum and not clearcut and reforest the land. He never did it. Matter of fact other than siring two illegitamate children I don't think he has ever done much at all.

VanC":27rh416b said:
Team Obama says reducing the carbon-dioxide emissions that result from burning fossil fuels will be a priority, and some careless talk suggests his EPA will eschew carrots for the punitive stick of regulation and taxes. Now the good people over at the Institute for Liberty have punched back with a carbon-footprint estimate for the Obama inauguration itself.

Using data from the EPA, environmentalist organizations, and various news accounts, the group estimates more than 500 million pounds of CO2 will be released during the four-day inaugural festivities. Among the offenders:

The 600 private jets expected to fly visitors to and from the event will produce 25,320,000 pounds of CO2.
Personal vehicles could account for 262,483,200 pounds of CO2.
The horses in the parade will produce more than 400 pounds of CO2.
And if you don't have an idea what a pound of CO2 really means, consider this: The average household would take 57,598 years to produce as much CO2 as Obama's inauguration.

Its warnings about the huge carbon footprint notwithstanding, the Institute for Liberty stresses that it doesn't mean to rain on Obama's parade. "We don't believe this [CO2 production] is a problem," says the group's president, Andrew Langer. "We believe people should use energy. But the point is, if Obama's administration is going to go after small business for its carbon footprint, then maybe they should look at themselves first."

Still, Langer admits the study isn't entirely accurate. "We haven't looked at the methane or CO2 that will be expended by people standing on the mall," he says.

If someone is selling chili dogs, it could be an environmental catastrophy.

Van, Good post, That's what struck me as funny the 400 pounds of C02 from those horses. But cleaning up the animal $hit is a big thing when it is in fact nothing.

The important thing to remember is "it's a do what I say and not do what I do." When the big people are talking to the little people. :help:

Jogeephus":3mlfgugm said:

YUP!

mnmtranching":1zq2qce1 said:
Jogeephus":1zq2qce1 said:

YUP!

Hey Jogeephus,

Don't you think the guy that owns the farm where they plan to dump the poo should bill them for "waste disposal"?? That way those of us in the agricultural community can then lay claim to doing our part to help the environment.......... ;-)

After all; they bill or tax us for trash or other waste disposal. :nod: What's the difference?

HUS

All I can say is we better be glad that it aint all happening in July or August.Immagine the stench of all them party go'er's? :lol:

Quote:
I've noticed the same thing. I guess they are creating a job for themselves. Have you ever seen any statistics on these people. I wish I could find it but many are simply trust fund children with nothing to do. Seems this gives them a purpose. I know one of these people personally. He wanted me to go to Belize with him and look at the trees. I told him I had to work - plant trees to be precise. When he came back he was all about exploiting the natives for cheap labor so he could buy up a lot of land and timber and work naval stores. To him it seemed it was OK to exploit a human being and pay them a slave wage as long as he could work gum and not clearcut and reforest the land. He never did it. Matter of fact other than siring two illegitamate children I don't think he has ever done much at all.

Hey Jogeephus,

I was referring to some of the responsibilities that a deadbeat dad that was helping me was lacking one day and he corrected my use of the term "illegitimate children". He told me that he had always been a father to them even if he had not seen them in over 4 years. (They live about 4 miles from his rat-hole and live on public assistance. So does the deadbeat dad.)

He told me that today's softer term was "outside chee-ren". Said it didn't sound so hard. :nod:

HUS

HUS":12hpsk8i said:
mnmtranching":12hpsk8i said:
Jogeephus":12hpsk8i said:

YUP!

Hey Jogeephus,

Don't you think the guy that owns the farm where they plan to dump the poo should bill them for "waste disposal"?? That way those of us in the agricultural community can then lay claim to doing our part to help the environment.......... ;-)

After all; they bill or tax us for trash or other waste disposal. :nod: What's the difference?
HUS

I wouldn't be surprised if Al Gore doesn't end up selling the manure on Ebay or something. Afterall, its organic so its gotta be good.

I know some folks with a lot of them "outside cheerun" too. Pretty soon I'll see the light and become a much softer, kinder more gentler person who understands how this is all good and definitely should be rewarding with your tax dollars.

Jo,

I knew that you would see the light. I sense a change in that Georgia heart already. Now you even sound patriotic.

:idea:
Why don't they just let the poo stay wherever it falls??????? Then they would have a true "Green" inauguration.

I guess the patriotism will always shine through. I guess I'll follow FatAl's lead and voluntarily allow them to dump the poo on my place. For a small pittance of a fee AND they let me keep some of those little white suits they'll be wearing during cleanup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts