Green Grass

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Never thought I would be so glad to see some green grass growing. After a rough winter and bad preceding drought ridden hay year it is so nice to see green again!

One thing good that did come out of this bad winter and sub par hay was that it gave me a chance to see which cows might need to leave the place and which get to stay. Even though I do not usually feed as poor of quality of hay as I did this past winter. I still want them to be able to do good on the lower quality stuff and not drop much conditioning if it is asked of them.

We've got the warm weather and the grass is trying but the ground is dry.

Already 5+ inches deficit for rain THIS YEAR! :(

We been getting quite a bit of rain lately. Not sure if we are were we should be yet but at least the skies are trying :)

we just finally got started planting oats because the fields were so wet. but the ditches are still greener than the wheat

after 3 feet of snow and then 80 degree temps 3 days later it has finally dried up. same here my dad was finally able to plant some oats...but then last night we had a gully washer and it washed real bad...but luckily he notilled so its all good. im just glad i can go feed without getting stuck in the mud.