green grass runs

Help Support CattleToday:

tsmaxx47

Reaction score
i (my stock) is having a problem with the green grass this year and the runs. someone mentioned firming them up with dolomite and molasses. if this is true could anyone explain as i have not heard of this before? thanx tmax

What's the problem. Happens every year, goes away with time.

tsmaxx47":3r4spqak said:
i (my stock) is having a problem with the green grass this year and the runs. someone mentioned firming them up with dolomite and molasses. if this is true could anyone explain as i have not heard of this before? thanx tmax

why would you want to? all it means is that they are eating higher quality feed than they need (notice i said "need"...).

Aero":1yl6kd6t said:
tsmaxx47":1yl6kd6t said:

why would you want to? all it means is that they are eating higher quality feed than they need (notice i said "need"...).
huh???? Just higher moisture and much more digestible than they are use to.

TexasBred":3bhbze4g said:

think: need = minimum requirements

Aero":2uahhn1y said:
TexasBred":2uahhn1y said:

think: need = minimum requirements

No...that's a survival ration...Think: Raise calf, breed back, maintain and hopefully improve body condition. They'll scour just as quickly on lush spring grass with very little protein as they will with highly fertilized "lush spring grass" testing 25% on a 100% dry matter basis. There is no fiber in it. :idea: :idea:

Jogeephus":11p9ijla said:
I kinda like it like that. Was once told its what splatters that matters.

lol, better than having it come out looking like big hocky pucks and just about as hard.