Greed!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
I would think that the human race,as they evolve/develop through experiences/ history/education,would become less violent as an individual/nation.
Surely there comes a time when a certain realisation occurs,that violence etc only leads to misery.
Is the % of those 'evolved' too few to make a difference or is greed purely the motivating factor?

Evolving does not necessarily mean improving.

Think about it.............

Such a deep subject that could be so quickly locked.

alisonb":22v6s85v said:
I would think that the human race,as they evolve/develop through experiences/ history/education,would become less violent as an individual/nation.
Surely there comes a time when a certain realisation occurs,that violence etc only leads to misery.
Is the % of those 'evolved' too few to make a difference or is greed purely the motivating factor?
Would you believe it is the nature of the human?

alisonb":3qwg5egc said:

The consequences use to be much more severe than they are today.

TexasBred":ub1a3sxd said:
alisonb":ub1a3sxd said:

and morals were also taught today we are living in a immoral society

grannysoo":36cbjujq said:
Evolving does not necessarily mean improving.

Think about it.....
True but it should. Even with modern technology opening up a new world of evils the 'evolved' human should realise that inflicting pain(emotional/physical) on their fellow counterparts will be detramental to the progress of mankind.
Ryder":36cbjujq said:
Would you believe it is the nature of the human?
I could understand if it was inherently survival but then greed would not be necessary.
TexasBred":36cbjujq said:
Perhaps just a little more civilized now?
Angus Cowman":36cbjujq said:
and morals were also taught today we are living in a immoral society
Agreed but violence has always exsisted.

We as humans don't seem to take cognizance of the fact that our actions cause suffering.If someone defrauded me or slapped me through my face and i realise pain-with that realisation why would i then purposely inflict something similar on another human being??

Latest posts