Great weekend-Spring District Livestock Show (pictures)

Help Support CattleToday:

showmomof2

Reaction score
We took 5 calves and they all won their classes. My daughter's hereford got grand champion sr. hereford heifer and reserve overall hereford. That one really shocked us. She has never finished that high in that big of a class. My son took the smokey colored heifer that we are just starting out. Since the entry fees were so cheap we took her although she is really green and barely started. I missed the fun of her first bath-she hated it. Then she kicked me on the leg (I have a pretty purple bruise to prove it!) After that she calmed down, set up perfect and won her class. I know we will be up against alot more competition in the fairs this fall, but she should be really nice. Pictures in the first reply of two of the calves.

014.JPG

019.JPG

That's what we are hoping for. Our fairs are in late September. She is very green right now. First bath last weekend, etc. I am kinda proud of her. We raised he ourselves-I guess that always makes them kinda special.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congradulations! The hereford is very nice, and the silver heifer will have time to fill out a little more by fall.

The kids did great.. and how nice that you raised the calves yourself! Makes it that much sweeter.

Latest posts