Great Pyrenees/Anatolian

Help Support CattleToday:

branguscowgirl":7jyklvru said:
wacocowboy":7jyklvru said:
What is the point in crossing the Anatolian with Great Pyrenees? Almost all the puppies I see for sale are a cross.
Hybrid vigor! :mrgreen:
True. I only know what I've been told but that is that the cross is more intelligent, and a better working dog. Pyrenees are good but just not as good. Seem to want to wander off more and play with the kids (which they're great with). Others probably know much more about them than I.

All I can say is that the cross HAS to be more intelligent than crossing a Pyrenees and a Blood Hound. She thought she could whip a crude oil tanker...she lost. ;(

Sweet heart....but dumb as a box of schidt.

IMG_3279_zpsdyhfpw9g.jpg

IMG_6974_zps217684ec.jpg

Our Anatolian is huge and lazy but protects the house really well. She is 9.

DudleyIII_zpscd5f888e.jpg

We have that cross for one of our dogs, although he looks more like a Pyrenees. Very, very friendly and smart dog........ But his biggest problem is he barks all night and sleeps a day.

Alan":18z393ix said:
We have that cross for one of our dogs, although he looks more like a Pyrenees. Very, very friendly and smart dog........ But his biggest problem is he barks all night and sleeps a day.

With all the rural burglaries out here as of late, that isn't always a bad thing. $.02

i prefer the straight Pyringes-great dogs-good guardians, another great family dog and guardian is a Newfoundland-Ihave one of those and he is just the best dog in the whole wide world!!

GMN":8we8llxm said:
i prefer the straight Pyringes-great dogs-good guardians, another great family dog and guardian is a Newfoundland-Ihave one of those and he is just the best dog in the whole wide world!!
My first pyrenees was a great guard dog. Stayed with the cows most of the time and patrolled constantly it seemed. The next one wanted to just be a pet and play with the other dog and the kids......she would go out with the cows occasionally but just didnt' seem as interested.

TexasBred":1nhk03z5 said:
GMN":1nhk03z5 said:
My first pyrenees was a great guard dog. Stayed with the cows most of the time and patrolled constantly it seemed. The next one wanted to just be a pet and play with the other dog and the kids......she would go out with the cows occasionally but just didnt' seem as interested.

So she was a "Not quite so Great Pyrenees" then?

TennesseeTuxedo":2ppiwd7h said:
TexasBred":2ppiwd7h said:
GMN":2ppiwd7h said:

So she was a "Not quite so Great Pyrenees" then?
:lol2: :lol2: Yeah....just rode the clock.

Latest posts