Great color aerial photo's of your place....

Help Support CattleToday:

EIEIO

Reaction score
Was at the FSA this week getting some grant stuff finalized and the guy gave me some 04' color aerial photo's of my place so I asked where he got them.

In the past all I had was some old tera server stuff that was in black and white.

This may all be old news to some of you but if not the site is http://www.cares.missouri.edu and from the looks of it they have all the states and not just Missouri.

J

EIEIO":1gji3ux0 said:
Was at the FSA this week getting some grant stuff finalized and the guy gave me some 04' color aerial photo's of my place so I asked where he got them.

In the past all I had was some old tera server stuff that was in black and white.

This may all be old news to some of you but if not the site is http://www.cares.missouri.edu and from the looks of it they have all the states and not just Missouri.

J

After Rita we all had to file a claim with the FSA if congress aproved any relief for Rita( which they didn't do, guess we got hit by the wrong hurricane) they had pictures of my catfish, could tell you every tree that was down and how much was destroyed. Kinda of scary they know that much about your place.

i wish i could even get a black and white map! all i see is pink circles.

maybe its not available for my area and i'm not a moron. *fingers crossed*

When I did the search for my place there were several options and I used the zip code one. Slow computer here at home but even so I was able to find my place. If your on dial up (like me) it takes a while for the zoom feature to work.

Next time I look up my place I'll write down everything I do and then post it cause I know the first time I tried I did not even get a picture.

Like CB said, the photo's are almost scary they zoom in so dang close. Had I been outside when the one of mine was taken bet it would have even showed the bald spot on the back of my head if I was not wearing a hat :lol: !

J

FWIW- I was never able to get a whole page type photo pulled up like the FSA folks gave me. Got to meet with them in another couple of weeks so I'll ask them how they got the full page photo.

yeah for the state of georgia we dont have the zip code option. we only have state boundary, county boundaries, water, school districts, and non-useful stuff like that. it was a real bummer.

It might have been mentioned before, but Google Earth is incredible. It takes a lot of bandwidth, but if you've got that it's really something. Very clear color pics of the metro areas. When you fly over the countryside it's not as clear but it's still better then most.

Google Earth is Great, but you have to download the program. I found my place and could see my vehicles. You can even measure your property lines, in ft and inches, The house and barns are so clear that you can get and exact dimension. . Just go to Google and search for Google earth
Good luck :) Ps you have to put in your zip code

wow - :shock:

I just went to Google earth and you can see our tractor with what looks like hay on the spikes - and the cows are coming in to the pond to check on the tractor's arrival

freaky - :shock:

well worth the download (although with DSL didn't take but a couple of minutes)

too fun - feel like James Bond (or at least Jill Bond ;-) )

Beefy":3n5wy891 said:
can you really see tractors and cows? i cant even see my house.

There is another site that I know of that will bring it in that close IF you live in a urban area. You can see cars, trucks, even people mowing the yard. Most of the U.S. is about like terraserver, google earth, etc. but for a few locales it will get really close.

Try this link. http://local.live.com/

Forgot to add look for the "birdseye" view for the really close up stuff.

;-)

Beefy":157dcb4n said:
can you really see tractors and cows? i cant even see my house.

yes - now it isn't so clear that you can read John Deere - but I know that the green object must be a tractor and since it has two blobs on either end it must be in the process of putting out hay. And as far as the cows - luckily they are charolais and you can see their white bodies against the green pasture

the picture is obviously not current because nothing is green here (we can date the photo to the winter of 2003 because the building that was built in 2003 is there but the one built in 2004 isn't... and there are no leaves on the trees)

I just typed in the farm address and it zoomed right to the farm - of course having chicken houses makes it easier to spot this particular farm

looked up an address in Oklahoma - only about 2 hrs from here and couldn't see it clear at all - don't understand it - ours is almost too clear - :?:

Google earth has some pretty good pictures nothing compared to what our FSA office had, five days after Rita they did a fly over with an Air Force satelite. You can count the t post on the fence.