Great Britain; United States of America

Help Support CattleToday:

Mongol Empire 162 yrs 1206-1368 founded by Genghis Khan his reign lasted 21 yrs and 1st of 6 generations of Khan
rulers. The Khan rulers were reputed to have 1st choice of all women captured in battle and looting.
In addition Genghis had 11 legitmate wives.
Genghis Khan fathered hundreds of children and dna testing estimates 1 out of every 200 men alive in the world today
are direct descendants of Genghis Khan. In some parts of China as many as 8% of the population and his blood line is believed to be the most prolific of any man who ever lived. His grandson Kubilai Khan had 22 legitimate sons and is
said to have added 30 virgins to his harem each year of his 30 year reign.

For comparison the Roman Empire 27 bc - 395 ad lasted slightly more than 2 1/2 times longer at 422 yrs

Margonme":24bvjkqv said:
The USA is a daughter of the British Empire.

Who is the grander taking into consideration history, contributions to the world, etc.?

The British Empire. The largest empire in world history. It covered 13.71 million square miles at its greatest extent. 30 % larger than the Mongul Empire. The sun never set on the British Empire.

The British Empire gave the world the Magna Carta. Our values and principles as a nation were inherited from the British Empire. Our system of land ownership, government and judicial system, are inherited from the United Kingdom.

Although much of what is the United Kingdom has its roots in Greek and Roman philosophy and discovery, the British sold it all over the world.

So what's your point?? Is this going somewhere?

lavacarancher":22quaj94 said:
Margonme":22quaj94 said:

Who is the grander taking into consideration history, contributions to the world, etc.?

The British Empire. The largest empire in world history. It covered 13.71 million square miles at its greatest extent. 30 % larger than the Mongul Empire. The sun never set on the British Empire.

The British Empire gave the world the Magna Carta. Our values and principles as a nation were inherited from the British Empire. Our system of land ownership, government and judicial system, are inherited from the United Kingdom.

Although much of what is the United Kingdom has its roots in Greek and Roman philosophy and discovery, the British sold it all over the world.

So what's your point?? Is this going somewhere?

There is a point. Son of Butch got it. Its a riddle.

Son of Butch":1p5wvbkx said:
1wlimo":1p5wvbkx said:
All these empires, even when they had complete and utter military supremacy were unable to maintain control, and have passed on.

Trying to eliminate those who oppose you buy killing them simply does not work, lots have tried, every single one has failed. Even those who tried in their own countries, like....the Soviet leaders.
Stalin didn't maintain control of Russia from the day he took power and until the day he died?

Genghis Khan didn't control and build the Mongol Empire from his 1st victory until the day he died?

Alexander the Great, king of the ancient Greek kingdom Macedona at age 20 didn't control and enlarge his kingdom until the day he died?

That they all have passed on can be said of any man. What do you want them to do? Rule after their death?

They should have been Democrats.

Margonme":3tjgg10a said:
At the risk of "opening my mouth and removing all doubt" then please explain this to me, I went back and read his post, not sure I follow you'all?

Son of Butch":3nf70ozg said:
Margonme":3nf70ozg said:
Ephraim? or Manasseh?
Both richly blessed and fruitful with Ephraim being doubly fruitful.
Who is grander?
The One from whom the blessings flowed.
It will be clear as mud to most... selah.

Kell-inKY":2daig0qj said:
Margonme":2daig0qj said:
At the risk of "opening my mouth and removing all doubt" then please explain this to me, I went back and read his post, not sure I follow you'all?

As Son of Butch illustrated, you make a comparison of two items, then ask, " Which is grander?" Selah.

Latest posts