Greasing Tools ?

Help Support CattleToday:

I haven't heard any good stories of the battery operated Lincolns, heard the chinese ones were just as good. It's getting really hard to find ANY good grease guns now.. I'm looking for a pneumatic one.

for plugged zerks, I've heard of one you hammer on that's supposed to work OK, usually I just take them out and replace them

I'm not a big fan of dewalt tools but their cordless grease gun kicks a Lincoln's azz! We use both at my regular job greasing valves. Way more pressure with the dewalt. Like nesi, I just change out bad zerks.

Frequently the resons a zirk is plugged is because of a built up of hardended dirt/dust and grease. I remove them and soak them in diesel over night and then run a small drill in from the back side to clean them.

B&M Farms said:
I'm not a big fan of dewalt tools but their cordless grease gun kicks a Lincoln's azz! We use both at my regular job greasing valves. Way more pressure with the dewalt./quote]

Thanks. I will look for one.

B&M Farms":1bbyl1d9 said:
I'm not a big fan of dewalt tools but their cordless grease gun kicks a Lincoln's azz! We use both at my regular job greasing valves. Way more pressure with the dewalt. Like nesi, I just change out bad zerks.
Interesting info. Been using a Lincoln for quite some time with no real complaints. When it quits i'll have to try me the Dewalt from your info

I have a Dewalt 20 volt grease gun. It's one of the best tools that I've ever bought. Most clogged zerk fittings can be fixed by pushing the crap through them.

Milwaukee has a very good one , it is what I use. It has the 18 volt fuel ion battery. Really a great grease gun. Has different settings to grease in short bursts or longer intervals. Be prepared to have plenty of cartridges on hand , because you will be letting the grease fly.

co3":3qs6cid3 said:
Milwaukee has a very good one , it is what I use. It has the 18 volt fuel ion battery. Really a great grease gun. Has different settings to grease in short bursts or longer intervals. Be prepared to have plenty of cartridges on hand , because you will be letting the grease fly.

:nod:

highgrit":2yisyj1w said:
I have a Dewalt 20 volt grease gun. It's one of the best tools that I've ever bought. Most clogged zerk fittings can be fixed by pushing the crap through them.

I checked my farm store and they only had 18V grease guns -- which would use the same batteries as some of my other tools.
Have you tried the 18 V vs. the 20 V units ?

Stocker Steve":3jocgfav said:
highgrit":3jocgfav said:

I checked my farm store and they only had 18V grease guns -- which would use the same batteries as some of my other tools.
Have you tried the 18 V vs. the 20 V units ?
I have a 18V works just fine, does a 2166 combine, 4850 tractor, auger, and grain cart on one battery, with some grease and battery to spare. :lol2:

WOW. Got a Dewalt 18 v grease gun yesterday. Charged the battery and greased the baler this morning in less time then it took to TRY to get the grease into just one zerk on it before.

dun":1tk579co said:
WOW. Got a Dewalt 18 v grease gun yesterday. Charged the battery and greased the baler this morning in less time then it took to TRY to get the grease into just one zerk on it before.

That's good now you will be greasing anything that has a zerk on it :lol2:

we use milwaukees..theyre great.
as for plugged..either take em out or heat the crap out of em and try to force grease thru when they are hot. sometimes itll ruin the fitting but it jus lets the grease weep back out so no biggie.long as ya got grease in it thats what matters

how often ya grease stuff..bushhogs/ptos/mower deck brgs/pivot points on loaders and stuff

If the plug is in the grease fitting only, it usually can be cleared by taking it out of the implement, stick it on the grease gun and give it a squirt of grease. the obstruction usually comes right out the back of the grease fitting. Reinstall the grease fitting in the implement and good to go. Now if the plug is in tight tolerance grease passage in the implement, that is a more difficult problem.

Latest posts