Grease Gun

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy

Reaction score
I have had expensive ones, cheap ones, air guns and hand pump ones but none are worth a darn just threw a hand pump away tonight. Does anyone know of a good grease gun that will last more than 3 grease tubes?

wacocowboy":2frlspvi said:
I have had expensive ones, cheap ones, air guns and hand pump ones but none are worth a darn just threw a hand pump away tonight. Does anyone know of a good grease gun that will last more than 3 grease tubes?
Don't know what brand it is but mine is about 10 years old and works like it supposed too. Bought it at John Deere place.

We've also had them all, a Manuel pump Lincoln has always held up the best. We run atleast 10 tubes through one every week and sometimes as many as 30 tubes a day.

Lincoln's quality is going downhill too.. I watch for grease guns at auctions and yard sales, sometimes I get a good one there.

Once I had a fitting that was plugged badly, and I *had* to get grease in it, ended up splitting the casing of the grease gun... don't even wanna know what kind of pressure that was... I did end up getting that fitting freed though

I don't know what brand I have but it fits onto the top of a 5kg tub of grease and has a spring loaded plunger you press down with your foot every so often and the gun is on the end of about a 2 metre hose. The gun has a trigger and also a button to press that gives low volume but very high pressure for those clogged up fittings. I have had it for about 15 years and it gets a lot of use. It will empty the tub of grease completely. I've got to put on a new tub tomorrow so I'll look at the brand. I know it was not cheap but one of those things you buy and think it was worth every cent when it has performed so well.
Ken

wbvs58":38kqvkux said:
I don't know what brand I have but it fits onto the top of a 5kg tub of grease and has a spring loaded plunger you press down with your foot every so often and the gun is on the end of about a 2 metre hose. The gun has a trigger and also a button to press that gives low volume but very high pressure for those clogged up fittings. I have had it for about 15 years and it gets a lot of use. It will empty the tub of grease completely. I've got to put on a new tub tomorrow so I'll look at the brand. I know it was not cheap but one of those things you buy and think it was worth every cent when it has performed so well.
Ken
I had a look at mine this morning and it is a McNaught and they are 2.5 kg tubs of grease they fit on not 5kg. The old memory not too good at recalling numbers and the like but I do know it is a good gun and empties out the tub of grease completely, no mess.
Ken

wbvs58":2wyqh75c said:
wbvs58":2wyqh75c said:
Ken
I had a look at mine this morning and it is a McNaught and they are 2.5 kg tubs of grease they fit on not 5kg. The old memory not too good at recalling numbers and the like but I do know it is a good gun and empties out the tub of grease completely, no mess.
Ken

Don't think I have ever seen one like that will have to go look it up.

Get the new Milwaukee. And never look back best grease gun out there.

I just purchased a Lincoln pneumatic grease gun and I love it. It's by far the nicest grease gun I've ever bought. I also replaced the original tip with the spring loaded clamp type. Clip it on and pull the trigger. It's worth the money.

co3":2nkr8e4g said:
Get the new Milwaukee. And never look back best grease gun out there.

Agreed. Cheapskate has one of them lithium battery powered ones that has been going for a couple years now. No telling how much grease has gone through that thing.

wbvs58":kyc2bvfe said:
wbvs58":kyc2bvfe said:
Ken
Ken

Is this what you have? http://www.macnaught.com.au/macnaught/g ... nual/k7-24

Black and Good":j7gwqu75 said:
They are all junk. I own an excavating business and had them all. Junk. Lubrimatic, I've had the best luck with. B&G

Same here. Cheapest around and actually last a while. Had the lever gun for about 8 years now and the pistol gun for about 3. Got another new in box pistol gun at liquidation sale for $2.

Grease guns have become a mystery to me. I've used cheap ones that worked like a dream for many years and expensive ones that I wore myself out trying to get pumping after just a couple tubes. I can't figure them out. The battery powered Lincolns seem to be pretty good but I've had problems with them also. The best one I've ever had is over 15 yrs old and has been hanging on the back of my go-to tractor in all kinds of weather and tube after tube it has never let me down. I have run hundreds if not a thousand tubes through it. It is blue and I got it at NAPA before I could legally drink a beer.

ohiosteve":btvuflaq said:
Grease guns have become a mystery to me. I've used cheap ones that worked like a dream for many years and expensive ones that I wore myself out trying to get pumping after just a couple tubes. I can't figure them out. The battery powered Lincolns seem to be pretty good but I've had problems with them also. The best one I've ever had is over 15 yrs old and has been hanging on the back of my go-to tractor in all kinds of weather and tube after tube it has never let me down. I have run hundreds if not a thousand tubes through it. It is blue and I got it at NAPA before I could legally drink a beer.

My friend asked me about the best grease gun and I told him there wasn't any but told him try napa or snap on I have wore them all out you may as well get them from harbor freight.

Latest posts