GrazonNextHL Dosage + Water in a 1 Gallon Tank?

Help Support CattleToday:

This is for killing weeds on a lawn. Do I have to add any external surfactant? Or is just the 1 gallon of water plus 2 tsp of grazon next hl okay?

It says Grazon protects good grasses/desirables (i.e. Tall Fescue). I did a lot of searching and a lot of research and this looks to be the only product that takes care of creeping indigo unlike anything at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Are you aware of some issues?

I just know that if you want to plant vegetables, it is not good and they will come out deformed, I am not aware of any other side effects.

I think this person is a one and done, but I wouldn't put grazon on my yard. Might make it hard to reseed.

I have Tall Fescue in my lawn as the grass. Creeping indigo is the weed. The weed looks exactly like this picture:

There are no rose bushes thank goodness, or any bushes in the area of application. What makes it hard to reseed? Isn't the 2,4D ((2,4-dichlorophenoxy) acetic acid) supposed to kill weeds and protect desirables like my Fescue? Pardon me if I am completely missing something here, I am new to herbicides (aside from Round Up and Spectracide) that have not worked for me on this specific weed.

Bigfoot":3dgl37em said:
I think this person is a one and done, but I wouldn't put grazon on my yard. Might make it hard to reseed.
cattlel":3dgl37em said:
I have Tall Fescue in my lawn as the grass. Creeping indigo is the weed. The weed looks exactly like this picture:

There are no rose bushes thank goodness, or any bushes in the area of application. What makes it hard to reseed? Isn't the 2,4D ((2,4-dichlorophenoxy) acetic acid) supposed to kill weeds and protect desirables like my Fescue? Pardon me if I am completely missing something here, I am new to herbicides (aside from Round Up and Spectracide) that have not worked for me on this specific weed.
I think he is talking about the residual effect .

cattlel":46hg95g2 said:

Grazon stays in the soil, and prevents germination. It would also have some residual in your clippings. Bottom line is, that Grazon isn't for your yard.

Isn't 2-4 D supposed to protect fescue grasses? It says on the label! Also I thought the grazon in cases of rain would wash off. It seems strange to me if it does not let new grasses grow while it protects existing grass? I read somewhere that it kills weeds and prevents germination of weeds, which is what I want.. though I thought germination of grass would be safe?

Is the "stay in the soil" part of grazon irreversible? Even after heavy rain?

cattlel":niambwas said:
Isn't 2-4 D supposed to protect fescue grasses? It says on the label! Also I thought the grazon in cases of rain would wash off. It seems strange to me if it does not let new grasses grow while it protects existing grass? I read somewhere that it kills weeds and prevents germination of weeds, which is what I want.. though I thought germination of grass would be safe?

If you have an extension office in your town, it might be worth your while to call seed if they offer in classes on chemical use. There is a lot to know, before you just start applying.

cattlel":302shshd said:

2,4-d is probably fine for lawns....but grazon isn't just 2, 4-d. It also has
Triisopropanolammonium salt of 2-pyridine carboxylic acid, 4-amino-3,6-dichloro-. This stuff hangs around and causes problems with seed germination. It does not know the difference between "good seed" (grass, or any crop you might want to plant) and "bad seed" (weeds). In time it will become ineffective, but in the meantime, not much is going to germinate.

I see advertisements for Grazon showing big machines spreading grazon all over where horses and cows eat... what is the point of this product if you can't grow good grass after killing the weeds? Or is it safe to say that it will kill weeds and prevent germination... though once new grass seeds can germinate, the weeds are likely to not come back?

I am failing to see the benefit to this product or why have 2-4 D in it anyways if its going to prevent good grass from germinating..

I see advertisements for Grazon showing big machines spreading grazon all over where horses and cows eat... what is the point of this product if you can't grow good grass after killing the weeds? Or is it safe to say that it will kill weeds and prevent germination... though once new grass seeds can germinate, the weeds are likely to not come back?

I am failing to see the benefit to this product or why have 2-4 D in it anyways if its going to prevent good grass from germinating..
Use Grazon where you already have your desired grass, but want to get rid of broad leaf weeds & leave the existing grass unharmed. You can get more grass, for instance, Bermuda grass by fertilizing a couple of times through the growing year & it will spread through rhizome runners. You first kill the weeds, then encourage your existing grass to be healthy. If you want to put out more seeds, then wait for the next spring when the residual is basically expired.

I have used Grazon many times it is a good herbicide, I wouldn't use it on my yard. Pasture all day long, 2-4-D does almost as good at about 1/2 the price last I checked. DO NOT GET GRAZON on your skin, I did and it ate many layer of my skin over a couple months. Scared the He!! out of me. That's why I switched to 2-4-D. Read the label and internet info before using it. It's strong

Latest posts