Grazon P+D

Help Support CattleToday:

hillrancher

Reaction score
Went to the Springfield, Mo. farm fest yeasterday. Was very good as usual the weather was perfect.
I was interested in the newer weed control equipement( since I have enought old to start a musieum). I got some very shocking information about grazon P+D that I have been using. I have enough on hand for 2 years is not good.
It will stay in the system of the animal for at least 180 day even though you keep them off the pasture for 21 days. I have notice the spots where the cattle waste is deposited that the grass will die out for about a year. Now I know why.
I am sure some of you already knew this, but I did not and was very disappointed since I have had very good luck with it.

I have been using Grazon P+D for several years now. I use it to spot spray Huisache from September to first frost.. It is mixed at 1%. I have sprayed out 1250 gallons so far this year. I have areas that spot spraying would be ridiculous, so I boom spray those areas. The areas that I used the boom on were void of clover for that year. The following year it came back. I have sprayed over bermuda, oats, Bahia, and a multitude of other grasses. The only thing it ever affected was the Bahia and other broad leaf plants.
By the way Grazon no longer makes the P+D. I have been using a product called Trooper P+D with the same formula. Dow's patent ran out so I heard.
PS If you don't like it I will be glad to take it off your hands.

At the MFA booth they had a sign up yesterday for Grazonone or some such. No one was at the booth at the time so I just kept on going. I knew they had eliminated Grazon P+D but I still use the snot out of the stuff. When the supply I have is gone I'm not sure what I'll end up using.

Dun

It is Dow's way of getting us to use Milestone a more expensive and in my opinion not as good of product. It is also a non-restricted use product.

Angus Guy":31y3nbqn said:
Dun

It is Dow's way of getting us to use Milestone a more expensive and in my opinion not as good of product. It is also a non-restricted use product.
Still have about 6 gallons, that should hold me for a year or 2

Grazon has been in the EPD's sights for a long time. They don't like the persistance but it really is a good product. But if you want to see how persistant it is, plant peanuts in a field behind cattle that have been eating hay that came out of a field that was sprayed with Grazon.

Latest posts