Grassfed Beef Seminar/Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
A Grassfed Genetics seminar and sale they are putting together in Yankton S.D.- on Feb 26 and 27th...
The e-mail I got listed the following as speakers:

Todd Churchill, Thousand Hills Cattle Co
John Cotton, Cotton Beef
Mark DeBoo, Diamond D Angus
Teddy Gentry, Bent Tree Farms
Terry Gompert, UNL Extension
Bill Kurtis, Tallgrass Beef Co
Mike Leishman, Tallgrass Beef Co
Larry Mehlhoff, 5 L Red Angus (pending)
Clay Nash, Tallgrass Beef Co
Allan Nation, Stockman Grass Farmer
Scott Pampuch, Chef from Minnesota
Allen Williams, The Jacob Alliance
John Wood, US Wellness Meats
Sam Wylie, Octoraro Angus

February 26, 2010
Yankton, SD
Stockmen's Livestock Market

"Live Evaluation of Grassfed Genetics"

This seminar will be one of the first to do a hands on look at cattle to show the possibilities for:

Finishability/Marketability

Cutability/Ultrasound

Longevity/Fertility

Functionality/Bonsma

We will have pens available to display your grassfed genetics.

Some of our speakers will be:

Todd Churchill, Founder/Thousand Hills Cattle Co.

Bill Kurtis, Founder/Chairman/Tallgrass Beef Company

Terry Gompert, UNL Extension Agent/Certified Holistic Management Educator

Allan Nation, Editor/Stockman Grass Farmer

Kit Pharo, Owner/Pharo Cattle Company

Allen Williams, Ph.D., PAS, Founding Partner/Vice President/The Jacob Alliance, LLC

John Wood, Founder/US Wellness Meats/Grassland Beef, LLC

Seminar Registration Information
Pre-registration discount by February 15, 2010

Note: The cost for the second member of the family/farm
attending the seminar and banquet will be 50% of the cost.

We will have an evening Banquet with Grass finished steaks.

The speaker for the banquet will be Bill Kurtis, Allan Nation and Scott Pampuch.

There will be a grass finished beef lunch available.

Seminar/sale website with all info:
http://www.grassfedexchange.com/

These speakers might know alot about grass feeding but who they really should have as speakers are experts in the grass feeding field from Brazil and other South American countries.

Don't figure them folks from South America could talk for their teeth a chattering in Yankton S.D. in Feb. I don't think they have to deal with the same weather as them folks in S.D.

Red Bull Breeder":m9114s2x said:
Don't figure them folks from South America could talk for their teeth a chattering in Yankton S.D. in Feb. I don't think they have to deal with the same weather as them folks in S.D.
They will know enough about the weather in Feb to know that a 100% grass fed program will never work there.

I learnt a long time ago that can't or never aren't part of a rancher's vocabulary!!! Wonder what the deal is going to cost-if my chemo does screw it up I'm going to it.

Northern Rancher":14jmuv5c said:
I learnt a long time ago that can't or never aren't part of a rancher's vocabulary!!! Wonder what the deal is going to cost-if my chemo does screw it up I'm going to it.

Yeah- I'd like to take it in too-- but I doubt I'll make it...Depends on weather and if my son is around to handle things for a couple of days...Not so worried about my cows- but I'm also contracted to feed and take care of a herd of cows for a neighbor that could start calving about then....

Seminar Registration Information

Pre-registration discount by February 15, 2010
Before Feb 15 After Feb 15
Seminar & Banquet $150.00 $200.00
Extra Banquet Tickets $ 35.00 $ 50.00
Livestock Display Pen $200.00 $300.00

Note: The cost for the second member of the family/farm
attending the seminar and banquet will be 50% of the cost.

Contact information for seminar registration:
UNL Extension in Knox Co.
P.O. Box 45
Center, NE, 68724
email - [email protected] phone - 402-288-5611

options":2og6tq19 said:
Red Bull Breeder":2og6tq19 said:
They will know enough about the weather in Feb to know that a 100% grass fed program will never work there.

I guess you'll have to tell that to the folks that have even more snow than Yankton- that have been doing it for years.... :shock: :???: ;-)

Red Bull Breeder":7wjb4f1p said:

Uruguay, Brazil and much of Argentina are 33 degrees or less from the equator (S latitude).

Yankton SD and much of the northern plains cattle areas are 42 degrees or higher (N latitude).

There is more to cattle raising than latitude and climate, however these areas ARE, as RBB mentions, VERY different.

Jim

Oldtimer":344cyjun said:
options":344cyjun said:
Red Bull Breeder":344cyjun said:

I guess you'll have to tell that to the folks that have even more snow than Yankton- that have been doing it for years.... :shock: :???: ;-)
Please explan how it is possible for cattle to graze grass when it is covered by 30" of snow?

options":2p06txaj said:
Please explan how it is possible for cattle to graze grass when it is covered by 30" of snow?
I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you.......

angie":3qb2hd8a said:
options":3qb2hd8a said:
Well you are so smart you tell me how then?

options":2v5o65o1 said:
These speakers might know alot about grass feeding but who they really should have as speakers are experts in the grass feeding field from Brazil and other South American countries.

A seminar on how to finish Nelore cattle on pampass grass would be quite interesting but probably not so much useful to the locals.

options":1mjabcqx said:
angie":1mjabcqx said:
options":1mjabcqx said:
Well you are so smart you tell me how then?
Ok. I am sorry for being a smart aleck. Hay is made from a variety of grasses, thus enabling farmers and ranchers to grass feed regardless of snow.

angie":3paknkfe said:
Ok. I am sorry for being a smart aleck. Hay is made from a variety of grasses, thus enabling farmers and ranchers to grass feed regardless of snow.
How is hay made?

rockridgecattle":2u3u53bn said:
options":2u3u53bn said:
How is hay made?

HUH?
Thanks for your help rockridge but I really need Angie to tell me how hay is made, she explained to me what it is made from, now all I need to know is how it is made.

options":18hlfl22 said:
I really need Angie to tell me how hay is made, she explained to me what it is made from, now all I need to know is how it is made.
You are either playing games, or truly in need of someone to explain to you how hay is made.
I don't have the patience for either.

angie":1nqbs651 said:
options":1nqbs651 said:
I really need Angie to tell me how hay is made, she explained to me what it is made from, now all I need to know is how it is made.
You are either playing games, or truly in need of someone to explain to you how hay is made.
I don't have the patience for either.
Okay thank you.
The next time you feel superior and want to cut someone down remember, I don't know if I should laugh or feel sorry for you.

options":112a6rra said:
The next time you feel superior and want to cut someone down remember, I don't know if I should laugh or feel sorry for you.
Gimmie a break ~ you are playing games and now you want to look like a victim?
I don't care if I inspire your sympathy or your humor, and I am guessing you feel as much.

Latest posts