grass fed website got some good info

Help Support CattleToday:

This farm is a few hours from me, but the processing plant that they bought is only 20 mins from here. We're thinking of having our first 2 hogs butchered by them but we've heard some REALLY mixed reviews.
When my family first got excited about grass fed beef and started looking into producing it, we wanted to try some and went to their processor/meat shop, the young man behind the counter told my wife that we should get some of the antibiotic, hormone free, grain finished instead because the grass fed "tasted like shoe leather". Plus, the grass fed was frozen and everything else was fresh. The 4 steaks we got turned out to be WONDERFUL despite what the employee told us. We cooked them med. rare.
Since then our doctor went there and was told the same thing. He actually bought a cooler full but alot of it was freezer burnt or something. In my opinion they are taking good care of their grocery store and web orders and giving the local customers the shaft by not carrying anything but frozen (grass fed) and not having helpful people sell you the meat.

Latest posts