Grass Fed Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":fqleokma said:
novaman":fqleokma said:
KMacGinley":fqleokma said:
I am not blaming it on grain fed beef... I suspect that it may have to do with all the chemicals that we spray on crops that are in turn fed to the animals or end up in our drinking water.
I read this sort of stuff quite often. I hear about this sort of stuff quite often. I get sick and tired of seeing this put out quite often. "All the chemicals". I don't know anybody that just gushes any sort of chemical on anything. Herbicides are expensive. Most crops get one application of herbicide at mid-growing season and that's it. These herbicides naturally degrade and are long gone before any kind of grain-filling occurs. I find it mildly ironic that someone in the ag industry is condemning the actions of others in the ag industry when in the end they are killing the ag industry for everyone, including themselves.
But then they couldn;t feel all superior to everyone else!

Are you talking to me? Because I fear that chemicals are not as safe as is adverised that makes me feel superior? I know farmers are not all that careful about what they do and how they do it. I have two kids that got coated with chemicals sitting in the sandbox in our yard at the ages of 6 and 2 with the neighbor spraying in a 20 mile per hour wind. I pray that they do not turn up with Lymphoma, like another farming neighbor's daughter died from at the age of 22. I have watched people mixing and handling chemicals with no protective equipment, one of whose funeral I attended 3 years ago after he came up with cancer.

Would government agencies lie???? No, that has never happened... Could the scientists involved be wrong, about the safety of some ag chemicals,,, never, Would large multinational corporations lie to protect their profits? Of course not... never, not in a million years. The government says it all breaks down and is safe... Must be true then....

"Would government agencies lie???? No, that has never happened... Could the scientists involved be wrong, about the safety of some ag chemicals,,, never, Would large multinational corporations lie to protect their profits? Of course not... never, not in a million years. The government says it all breaks down and is safe... Must be true then...."

You wouldn't be wearing a tinfoil hat would you?

KMacGinley":blvsbl0j said:
Are you talking to me? Because I fear that chemicals are not as safe as is adverised that makes me feel superior? I know farmers are not all that careful about what they do and how they do it. I have two kids that got coated with chemicals sitting in the sandbox in our yard at the ages of 6 and 2 with the neighbor spraying in a 20 mile per hour wind. I pray that they do not turn up with Lymphoma, like another farming neighbor's daughter died from at the age of 22. I have watched people mixing and handling chemicals with no protective equipment, one of whose funeral I attended 3 years ago after he came up with cancer.

Would government agencies lie???? No, that has never happened... Could the scientists involved be wrong, about the safety of some ag chemicals,,, never, Would large multinational corporations lie to protect their profits? Of course not... never, not in a million years. The government says it all breaks down and is safe... Must be true then....
I guess one bad apple spoils the bunch but I don't think we were talking about people dying from direct exposure to chemicals. We were talking about chemical residue on grain that was fed to cattle.

Just so you are aware, I do know a thing or two about chemicals and how they act. I happen to have a bachelor's degree in Chemistry. Not saying I know all there is to know but I know enough about how these herbicides react once in a grain field exposed to air, water, and sunlight.

Douglas":3mi011m5 said:
"Would government agencies lie???? No, that has never happened... Could the scientists involved be wrong, about the safety of some ag chemicals,,, never, Would large multinational corporations lie to protect their profits? Of course not... never, not in a million years. The government says it all breaks down and is safe... Must be true then...."

You wouldn't be wearing a tinfoil hat would you?

Go jump in the Lake. And I mean that in the nicest possible way. :)

novaman":1mwfhbqh said:
KMacGinley":1mwfhbqh said:

I guess one bad apple spoils the bunch but I don't think we were talking about people dying from direct exposure to chemicals. We were talking about chemical residue on grain that was fed to cattle.

Just so you are aware, I do know a thing or two about chemicals and how they act. I happen to have a bachelor's degree in Chemistry. Not saying I know all there is to know but I know enough about how these herbicides react once in a grain field exposed to air, water, and sunlight.

I have way more chemistry classes under my belt than I wanted to take as well, you get that from a Purdue An Sci Bachelors degree, doesn't mean that I can't be a little suspicious and avoid using chemicals in my own life. You all do what you want. I see nothing wrong with me NOT using them.

have way more chemistry classes under my belt than I wanted to take as well, you get that from a Purdue An Sci Bachelors degree, doesn't mean that I can't be a little suspicious and avoid using chemicals in my own life. You all do what you want. I see nothing wrong with me NOT using them.

Couldn't agree with you more on that statement. Sometimes antibiotics are a necessary evil but I've also seen way to many abuse them and shoot up everything on the place when it was unnecessary. Glad to see someone else that hated chemistry. :lol2:

novaman":32048yda said:
KMacGinley":32048yda said:
I see nothing wrong with me NOT using them.
Nobody wants to make you use them. Just stop throwing the rest of us under the bus.

I don't want to tick you off, but you and the rest of modern industrial agriculture are already under the bus and have been there for quite awhile. I wish you could read all the emails I get every week asking whether I use herbicides, insecticides, gmo corn, commercial fertilizers, implants, confinement feeding and antibiotics etc. Perception is reality and that snowball is already rolling down the mountain.

novaman":v7qnlwdm said:
KMacGinley":v7qnlwdm said:
I see nothing wrong with me NOT using them.
Nobody wants to make you use them. Just stop throwing the rest of us under the bus.

I don't want to tick you off, but you and the rest of modern industrial agriculture are already under the bus and have been there for quite awhile. I wish you could read all the emails I get every week asking whether I use herbicides, insecticides, gmo corn, commercial fertilizers, implants, confinement feeding and antibiotics etc. Perception is reality and that snowball is already rolling down the mountain.

Latest posts