Grandparents

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
WHAT IS A GRANDPARENT?

(taken from papers written by a class of 8-year-olds)

Grandparents are a lady and a man who have no little children of her own. They like other people's.

A grandfather is a man grandmother.

Grandparents don't have to do anything except be there when we come to see them. They are so old they shouldn't play hard or run. It is good if they drive us to the store and have lots of quarters for us.

When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves and caterpillars.

They show us and talk to us about the color of the flowers and also Why we shouldn't step on "cracks."

They don't say, "Hurry up."

Usually grandmothers are fat, but not too fat to tie your shoes.

They wear glasses and funny underwear.

They can take their teeth and gums out.

Grandparents don't have to be smart.

They have to answer questions like "why isn't God married?" and "How come dogs chase cats?".

When they read to us, they don't skip. They don't mind if we ask for the same story over again.

Everybody should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don't have television, because they are the only grown ups who like to spend time with us.

They know we should have snack-time before bedtime and they say prayers with us every time, and kiss us even when we've acted bad.

A 6 YEAR OLD WAS ASKED WHERE HIS GRANDMA LIVED. ''OH,'' HE SAID, ''SHE LIVES AT THE AIRPORT, AND WHEN WE WANT HER WE JUST GO GET HER. THEN WHEN WE'RE DONE HAVING HER VISIT, WE TAKE HER BACK TO THE AIRPORT.''

Send this to other grandparents. It will make their day. (and to those who aren't, but may be someday, eh?)

DRB":wge65din said:
kids have been gone for several years now...can't wait to be a grandpa...
Me too. I will be one for the first time--End of Oct-First of Nov!!!!!!!!
Scan showed it to be a BOY!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!
We have a grandson who just turned 3 and were just told a couple of days ago, that the little guy is going to have a new brother or sister in January!

I LOVE being a GRANDMA!
If I had known that grandkids were this much fun, I'd have had them first!!

Ann B

la4angus":2q8mceir said:
DRB":2q8mceir said:
kids have been gone for several years now...can't wait to be a grandpa...
Me too. I will be one for the first time--End of Oct-First of Nov!!!!!!!!
Scan showed it to be a BOY!!!!!!!!!

That's wonderful news, Ann. Congratulations are indeed in order. I wish you all many years of enjoyment with each other. Lord knows grandparents are indeed a blessing. I remember the times I spent with mine as some of the 'golden' days of my childhood.

Take care.

Wow lots of fun watching the little guys grow. I have a 10 month old
grandson and a 10 year old grandson who is into 4H showing pigs, goats,
carcass steers, and horses. Nothing like watching a youngster feed and
care for livestock.
R.T.

R.T.":2sglyhw4 said:
Wow lots of fun watching the little guys grow. I have a 10 month old
grandson and a 10 year old grandson who is into 4H showing pigs, goats,
carcass steers, and horses. Nothing like watching a youngster feed and
care for livestock.
R.T.

We have grandsons that are 8 and 5 and a granddaughter that is six months old. The oldest grandson will be getting into 4-H next year. I can't wait. My kids will never forget the time they spent with their grandpa and their 4-H animals. Once heard grandkids was God's way of rewarding you for not killing your own kids! :lol: Congratulations to all that are about to be blessed with grandkids - #1, or #50, - doesn't matter, the more the merrier. I have a friend that was raised by his grandmother on a Navajo reservation and the nunber of children and grandchildren they had reflected how "rich" they were perceived to be. Money meant nothing.

Latest posts