Grandparents

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
1. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, "62." He was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"

2. A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like: "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard.
We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods." The little girl was wide-eyed,
taking this in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"

3. A little girl was diligently pounding away on her grandfather's word processor. She told him she as writing a story. "What's it about?" he asked. "I don't know," she replied. "I can't read."

4. I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me, and always she was correct. But it was fun for me, so I continued. At last she headed for the door, saying sagely, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these yourself!"

5. When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects. Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered, "It's no use, Grandpa. The mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights."

6.When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, "I'm not sure." "Look in your underwear, Grandma," he advised. "Mine says I'm four to six."

Great stories. One of my grand daughters a couple of days with us last week. After a couple of days of helping grandma and watching grandpa dosing off she started to get bored.

Now she is 12 years old but she came up with the idea "lets play poker". The closest I ever came to a poker game was to watch it on tv. But I knew how to play. Not only did she take all of my pennies, but I had to sit there and watch her eat the last piece of rasberry pie. :eek: And the last of the ice cream. :oops: :oops:

Grandchildren are truly a gift from God. When we get old we tend to get cautious, suspicious of others, and set in our ways. Then God gives us grandchildren to remind us what it was like to view the world through the eyes of a child. They are so full of wonder, trust and open-mindedness that it almost boggles the mind.

VanC":3yoeokqt said:
Grandchildren are truly a gift from God. When we get old we tend to get cautious, suspicious of others, and set in our ways. Then God gives us grandchildren to remind us what it was like to view the world through the eyes of a child. They are so full of wonder, trust and open-mindedness that it almost boggles the mind.

Well said Van.

Another great post, Dun. Thanks.

Grand kids are the reward for not killing your kids when they were teenagers. If i had known that grandkids were so much fun i would have had them instead of kids. My kids tell the grandkids " This is not my dad, because my dad would have already whipped you. So this must be a clone of my daddy."
Good luck.

here while back i made an earth quake cake, and put pecans in it, usually i dont, cuz i am the only one that really likes the nuts, but any how my 2 yearold grandson was just eating away at it, and he hit a pecan and looked at everyone and told em that mamaw had put rocks in his cake, it didnt stop him from eating the rest of it, but it cracked everyone else up, he was just so solom about it, untill we all laughed. :D

samm

VanC":1s2eh0d5 said:

Yeah they are! :)

Since we are telling grandparent stories.....When my grandson was about four, I handed him something he asked for and when he didn't say thank you, I asked him what was the magic word. He looked quizzical for a minute and said "abacadabra?"

Si

Sure does fit today....have had the grand kids all night and will keep them all day. Always get to have fun at gradmpa's farm....though they really arn't fond of weeding the garden but got to weed before they get to pick.
Was going to the sale but not with all three, can handle the two older girls or the grandson but not the herd.
Need to make lunch then nap time...yeah, I set the example.
Seem to notice that I have more paticence with the grandkids or maybe I just have learned how handle kids better.
Thanks, Dun, good post. DMc

MrGale":1ci3wo59 said:
so Dun, this is what i have to look foreward to? mine are 1 and 3..... 8)

They're a lot more fun, if I remember correctly, at 1 and then they are at 11 and 13, or 19, or 26.

dun

alabama":gnj3j95s said:
We will see.
I get to be a granddaddy about the end of december.

Congrats are in order.

It's great to see them come up the driveway, and not too bad knowing they'll be going back out! :lol:

MikeC, you got that right! They are fun, But I can only have a little fun. Its in the contract. :) :)

Susie David":22w8uubl said:
Seem to notice that I have more paticence with the grandkids or maybe I just have learned how handle kids better.
Thanks, Dun, good post. DMc

I think it's called age and the mellowing out that results from that. ;-)

MikeC":2cvs782r said:
alabama":2cvs782r said:
We will see.
I get to be a granddaddy about the end of december.

Congrats are in order.

It's great to see them come up the driveway, and not too bad knowing they'll be going back out! :lol:

I've got the best deal right now. They get off the bus at my house at 4:00 and parents pick them up at 5:30. Just enough time to hear the events of the day and have a snack.

Latest posts