Grandma playing favorites... again!

Help Support CattleToday:

fit2btied

Reaction score
While grandma was playing with our 7 month-old grandson, I asked our only grandaughter, who will turn 4 Dec. 23, if she wanted to help me make some cookies. She was all for it, but wanted to make brownies - and since she pretty much runs the show, we made brownies first! :shock: (She says she is not spoiled, just really loved!) She dumped the mix into the bowl, almost. She added the oil and the water to the bowl, almost. I was going to add the eggs but she wanted to do it. Against my better judgment, I cracked open the first one and added it to show her how. She really cracked open the second one and added most of it into the bowl. Got the entire shell back out, almost. Time to stir. As I attempted to advise her, she informed me that she helps her mommy cook all the time and she knows what she is doing! I gave her a fork and told her to go really slow and easy. That's all! Honest! If you've ever turned a mixer on high and then socked it in the bowl all at once, that's kinda like the explosion we got. We finally got the brownies in the oven and started on a batch of oatmeal-raisin cookies. Similar results, but only needed one egg this time! :) But our luck finally ran out. Grandma came into the kitchen to check on us! She asked "What happened?" - like she didn't already know! :roll: We explained but she wanted to know if I let her use the weedeater to stir with! She insisted that we clean her kitchen up, NOW!!!!! Then she and the granddaughter went off into the living room to play! This is so unfair! How come I'm always the only one that gets in trouble? Brownies are done, cookies are done (and gone), and grandma inspected and approved her kitchen. Man, did we have a ball! :) I learn, but rumor has it, I learn slow! As soon as that smoke quits comin' outta grandma's ears, we're gonna start on a blackberry and a rhubarb pie! Wish us luck! :)

Do like I do. I don't let grandma in the kitchen! :) The rest of the house may be hers, but the kitchen is MINE. All MINE.

All the kids and the grandkid knows that when it comes time to eat... Grandpa is the man in the kitchen! Grandma is a good cook, but she knows better than to ask the kids who they would rather have cooking. :D

grannysoo":1m1jf9lj said:
Do like I do. I don't let grandma in the kitchen! :) The rest of the house may be hers, but the kitchen is MINE. All MINE.

All the kids and the grandkid knows that when it comes time to eat... Grandpa is the man in the kitchen! Grandma is a good cook, but she knows better than to ask the kids who they would rather have cooking. :D
We are both good cooks and each have our specialties. I love to cook, but I don't want to be in charge all the time!

My granddaughter is 10 months old and just started walking this weekend!
I can't wait to make a mess with her in the kitchen :heart:

Susie David":31uxj4az said:
Love to share cookies with the grandkids but they do their baking at home. DMc

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am with you but it's nieces, my kitchen is MINE even the husband knows better.

well you got all the cookies baked.an had alot of fun baking them.so what if you an the gandughter made a mess.yall was having fun.an she enjoyed helping grandpa.an i bet you smiled as you cleaned up the kitchen.

Update: My baby girl is 4 today! Guess what she wants to do! That's right, we're headed for the kitchen. Grandma has ciliac (sp) disease so to cover our butts, we're gonna start with a batch of brownies using her potato/rice/tapioca flour. That will make her happy - plus we promised if we made a mess we would clean it up. :) ;-) . This is gonna be so much fun, again! :) :D :lol:

heres hoping your grandbaby had a great bday.an hope yall enjoyed baking an eating the brownies.

bigbull338":5611xpva said:
heres hoping your grandbaby had a great bday.an hope yall enjoyed baking an eating the brownies.
Thanks! We had a ball again and weren't near as messy. With all the family being in and out more for the holidays (That's a good thing.) we may have to bake again real soon. :)

Latest posts