Grandma again?

Help Support CattleToday:

knowknews

Reaction score
We bred our black/silver GSD (62 lbs) with a very well known breeder 2 counties south. About an hour away from here, but it is well worth it. My baby's daddy is a K9 officer a few towns over. She was a great investment. I love her. She is so smart. No hip issues

0501091619.jpg
0501091619.jpg
[/img]

Marshall Dillon black/red is 75 lbs and is exceptional. No hip issues either. He has a great personality too, he never even barked at me when we went there.

0813091550.jpg
0813091548.jpg
0813091550.jpg
[/img]

grannysoo":2wh2gci0 said:
Nice dogs. I've always liked shepards.

Thanks

So have hubby and I. In fact, I was looking for a GSD when I found my collie, but I fell in love with him. He wasn't of as good of breeding, though I had papers for him. He had a few faults (who doesn't) just couldn't ever show him or stud him out.

These pups will be ready for Christmas if she took. I can't wait to see how they turn out. Next time we are planning to breed her to the other shepherd that goes about 115 lbs. He's lighter color, more of the tan in him not so much red.

She's a beauty. I am a collie gal myself but sure do respect and appreciate a shepard especially the ones in the K9 police divisions. To see the in action is incredible. We live close to Bowden which is where the K9 division for all of the RCMP ,dogs and trainers are taught there. When I took to LE in college I spent many weekends in there. I wanted to either go into K9 or special investigations..

Then I decided I hate people so being a LEO wouldn't be for me.. ;-)

Good luck with the pups, I hope she took too.. :)

Then I decided I hate people so being a LEO wouldn't be for me..

Ha ha, the older I get the more I find myself saying the same thing. :nod: I do miss my old man Harley. He was my tri-colored collie. He lived almost to his 15 birthday.

This breeder told me that she has dogs all over the country and one of her pups sold to a police officer near Youngstown, Ohio, made the national TV with his skills. I have to stop, I'm getting excited again. :D

I had a black German Shepherd way back---He was a real good dog--His mom was given to me because she "wasn't a pure breed any more,cause she'd had a litter of puppys by a Cocker Spaniel" !! OK :banana: Her bkoodline had a lot of CD /CDX dogs-- She was bred to a GS who had a looong line of police/Army dogs in his line..Real good litter of pups.. That was "Bear" "The Phantom Shadow" reg name

peg4x4":30zhxg3i said:
she "wasn't a pure breed any more,cause she'd had a litter of puppys by a Cocker Spaniel" !!

Is that real? I have heard that, and the next time I take her to the vet I'm going to ask her. I've heard different things. Someone once said the next two purebred litters aren't any good. Some say it doesn't matter.

NO------NOT REAL!!! I got a real good pure bred dog because of a dumb old wives tale. Don't ask the vet 'cause he/she will fall on the floor laughing :lol2: This came about because a "sciencetst" waaaaay back bred a mare to a Zebra and she foaled a striped foal, then to a horse and that foal had faint stripes on the legs (as they sometimes do) so that proved his "carry over"theory.
Ok,say married woman has a kid,divorces,remarrys has a kid,who is the 2nt kids father-would 2nt have first mans dna?? Not unless some hankypanky took place..

Ok,say married woman has a kid,divorces,remarrys has a kid,who is the 2nt kids father-would 2nt have first mans dna?? Not unless some hankypanky took place..[/
OIC. Well, :dunce: <me. I guess my youngest looks a lot like my 2nd husband ;-)

There are lots of odd ideas about animals-like if you cut off a dogs tail the puppies will have short tails..if a stallion has a wirecut his foals will have a hair whorle there..(I cannot spell :mad: :cry2: chemo,I tell you!!)
Inheriting aquired charickteristics(oh heck-sound it out!) No,it doesn't work,doesn't stop some people believing it tho.

NO PUPPIES! :mad: :mad: I can't believe my luck sometimes. Well, the breeder has pups and I will have to get one of her male pups. If my dog is used to it, she wont be such a chicken-poop-turd around it. She doesn't like other dogs ever since she got attacked by a dog at the park when she was younger. She gets along fine with our beagle mix that's in the house.

Sorry she didn't conceive! They are both beautiful dogs and should have made excellent quality puppies. But those are the breaks. A friend of mine breeds her French bulldog and her last litter was a dud - only one puppy and it died a few hours after birth. So she went thru all the drama and mess of breeding, pregnancy and whelping, only to get her heart broke, plus all the "wear and tear" on her dog. So it could have been worse, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

somehow the no puppies never happens to purebred Fifi who gets out for 6 minuts and has a litterof 12 pups by the yapper next door

Latest posts