grain wagon help

Help Support CattleToday:

moloss

Reaction score
I don't even know if that's what ya call them....anyhow I have been using barrels to get cotton seed or corn glutton but I think that has about run it's course....so my question is what do I need to look for in a used grain wagon? I'm hoping to find one less than $1000, does that sound possible? I only feed when it gets really cold so it's not like I'm a dairy.....any and all suggestions are appreciated.....thanks for your time, Chris.

I have a gravity wagon. It's the best thing since sliced bread. I just run my tractor bucket under the door and fill the bucket up,and dump the feed in the feeders. I'd look at the running gear, and the rust in the bed. I gave $600 for mine.

a 4 wheeled taper btm one here goes about 1100 or so if in good shape. git 5-7 ton in one

a creep feeder dual axle is new out 5k...neve see theem used..they haul bout 6 ton tho

so running gear and rust in the bed need a 5-7 ton....I hope I can find one closer to $500 than $1000...triplebfarms....that's pretty sweet set up but more than I want to spend :D

tripleBfarms":2fzu1o3u said:
Depends on how much you feed. One of these would be hard to beat. http://www.tsfeeders.com/
I'd want the single axle trailer model, or the side delivery truck mounted model. Anybody have one?

Have a 750# mounted on a 2 wheel trailer. Love it.

Until recently, was hauling/storing feed in a gravity wagon and augering it into the trip hopper. Sure beats the 5 gallon bucket system.

Latest posts