Grader ID?

Help Support CattleToday:

chaded

Reaction score
We got a bad rain last night and a neighbor came over today and notice the driveway was bad and said he was bringing me over this thing to use. He just dropped it off and I have to admit I haven't seen one. He got it from someone he knows that works county roads.

Anyone know what these are called? I know it's a grader of some sort but the model and serial number plate is well worn on it. Just curious about it.

A8B002F6-46A8-470D-B432-1D65BC2FACC6.jpeg

D21AE297-6861-4CAD-BF3A-74CBAAE15B22.jpeg

I think there are a lot of small time shops that build them, many don't have any particular name or model. Might be tough to ID for anyone not in your area. I know my neighbors have their own "model" they designed, build, and sell around the state. Its fairly similar to that one, though I'm sure they're all that same basic idea.

I think there are a lot of small time shops that build them, many don't have any particular name or model. Might be tough to ID for anyone not in your area. I know my neighbors have their own "model" they designed, build, and sell around the state. Its fairly similar to that one, though I'm sure they're all that same basic idea.

Yeah your probably right. All i can see on the name plate is Sioux Falls. Everything else is worn off. My neighbor said he gave $750 for it. He told me I was going to try and buy it from him after using it and he was right! It did a good job.

Looks like a handy gadget, wouldn't be that difficult to knock one up.

Do any of you use those box blades on your driveways, how do they perform? I'm thinking of getting one or fabricating a box to go around my blade.

Ken

Sure looks heavy duty. I just changed the tires on our old Speed Mover because our roads were toast after 6" rain (and yes, @wbvs58, it has a box blade). I HATE hooking up hydraulics, but most of those old graders are at least as good or better than what you can buy brand spanking new.

Latest posts